StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the sequel to Blizzard Entertainment's 1998 hit StarCraft, which has been hailed by players and critics worldwide as one of the top real-time strategy games of all time. Sporting a vibrant 3D-graphics engine, StarCraft II once again centers on the clash between the protoss, terrans, and zerg, with each side deploying legions of veteran, upgraded, and new unit types. Unparalleled online play for StarCraft II is available through a new version of Battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment's world-renowned gaming service. Battle.net has been redesigned from the ground up to be the premier online gaming destination for Blizzard gamers, with several enhancements and new features, such as voice communication, cloud file storage, leagues and ladders, achievements, stat-tracking, and more.
- Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game.
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg.
- New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race.
- Groundbreaking single-player campaign.
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes.
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net.
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Blood and Gore, Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol and Tobacco, and Violence