Soulcalibur IV is a next-gen installment in the highly acclaimed weapons-based fighting game franchise. Retooled from the ground up, Soulcalibur IV perfects its highly celebrated weapons-based fighting system with stunning high definition graphics and new gameplay mechanics. Take control of an expanded roster of warriors from around the galaxy in their unrelenting search for the Soul Edge and Soul Calibur swords. Soulcalibur IV will also play host to a bevy of special characters including legendary Star Wars icons Master Yoda for the Xbox 360, Darth Vader for the PlayStation 3 system, and appearing on both platforms, Darth Vaders Secret Apprentice. Adding to the mythos, Soulcalibur IV will also include a number of special characters designed by famous Japanese manga artists and character designers. Also new to the series is the ability to compete online against players from around the world with their favorite Soulcalibur characters or customized characters for global domination.
- For the first time ever, players can go into battle with a team of characters in Active Matching Battles.
- If a player completely empties the opponent's Soul Gauge, they can then instantly defeat the opponent by activating a Critical Finish.
- Darth Vader and The Apprentice cross over from the Star Wars universe and utilize the Force in their attacks and maneuvers.
- For the first time ever, SoulCalibur players can battle each other online in ranked and unranked matches.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Mild Language, Sexual Themes, Partial Nudity, and Violence