Sony 3D Blu-ray Player with WiFi
About this item
About this item
The Sony 3D Blu-ray Player with WiFi lets you wirelessly stream movies, TV shows, music and more in 3D. Enjoy Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback and your favorites from Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, Hulu Plus and more. Easily navigate and control your entertainment experience with your iPad, iPhone or compatible Android phone using the free "Media remote" app.
Sony 3D Blu-ray Player with WiFi:
- Upconverts DVDs to HDTV-compliant 1080p
- Connect to the Internet to access movies, TV shows, music and more
- 3D photo, video and streaming
- Built-in WiFi
- Ethernet port for wired connection
- Plays: DVD, DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, BD, BD-R, BD-RW, JPEG, CD, CD+/-R, CD+/-RW, MP3
- Dolby TrueHD and dst-HD codecs for 7.1 channels of discrete audio
- 1 HDMI output
- App for iPhone/iPad and Android phones
- Multi-room music with Party Streaming mode
- Socialize what you watch over Facebook and Twitter
- Quick Start/Load to watch movies faster than ever
- Wirelessly stream photos, videos and music with DLNA
- Access and search detailed movie info with Gracenote
- Enjoy music, photos and video via front USB slot
- "Throw" your music and photos from your Sony Tablet
|Product Type:||Blu-ray disc player|
|Supported Digital Audio Standards:||AAC, MP3, LPCM, WMA 9|
|Media Load Type:||Tray|
|Supported Digital Video Standards:||MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, AVCHD|
|Media Type:||CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD, CD, BD-R, BD-RE, BD-ROM, BD-R DL, BD-RE DL, CD-DA|
|Audio D/a Converter:||24bit / 192kHz|
|Tv Screen Saver:||Yes|
|Digital Audio Format:||Dolby Digital output, DTS digital output, Dolby True HD digital output, DTS-HD Master Audio output|
|Sound Output Mode:||Stereo|
|Additional Features:||USB host function , Parental lock, quick start, Block Noise Reduction, JPEG photo playback, video playback from USB devices, BRAVIA Sync, digital audio playback from USB devices, digital photo playback from USB devices, x.v.Colour technology, Deep Color, PhotoTV HD, Gracenote Metadata Service, 24p True Cinema, GIF playback, PNG playback, 2D to 3D Conversion, Mobile Device Remote Control, Mpeg Noise Reduction|
|Power Consumption Operational:||16 Watt|
|Power Consumption Stand By / Sleep:||0.3 Watt|
|Power Device:||Power supply - internal|
|Voltage Required:||AC 120 V ( 60 Hz )|
|Connector Type:||HDMI output ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) - rear Composite video output ( RCA phono ) - rear Digital audio output (coaxial) ( RCA phono ) - rear Digital audio output (optical) ( TOSLINK ) - rear Audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 ) - rear Network ( RJ-45 ) - rear USB ( 4 pin USB Type A ) - front USB ( 4 pin USB Type A ) - rear|
|Cables Included:||1 x A/V cable|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||4.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.84 x 16.9 x 1.65|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, it works with normal HDTV's.by TegaCayDad1/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by silvermoonsky12/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The 3D in the name means it's 3D capable. It will work with a 2D TV very well. In fact, if you want to watch 3D, you would have to buy a 3D TV set.by Mozart4012/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it will work just fine with any 2d TV.by TheRLGWizzard12/21/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Sony BDPS590 Blu-ray Disc Player can be connected to any TV which has HDMI or Composite Input jacks.by SonyListens12/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. If I am watching television on a 2D channel on my 3D TV, will this player be able to up convert it to 3D if I run the signal through it?
- This player - nor any other player - will up-convert a movie that is not in 3D to 3D. If you run your receiver through the player, you should be able to use the Simulated 3D option.by KyWonder519/4/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- should work!by mammajo619/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no it will only upconvert your DVD movies and Blu-ray movies to near 3D on a 3D television. it will not make all viewable content 3Dby SonyListens4/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Any router will work. They just name that particular router because it's Sony.by KyWonder5112/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Im thinking the adaptor is preinstalled in the unit. I have linksys wireless router and all I had to do was enter my network security code at setup and that was it. works great!!! I love this blu-ray playerby mammajo6112/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- the UWA-BR100 is not necessary for WLAN for this Blu ray player. The BDPS590 has Built-in WiFi. How handy is that! Easily connect to the internet through your home's wireless broadband network. without purchasing any additional adapters. However to answer your question for other Sony Bravia products that do require the UWA-BR100 no other WLAN adapters are compatible. as there is no Hard Drive or Windows operating system built into the blu ray players to store the Drivers necessary to operate a Wireless LAN adapter designed for use in a Computer.by SonyListens12/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?