Sonic returns to the Nintendo DS with all the classic 2D, dual screen action the fans loved in Sonic Rush, as well as a new high-seas adventure where he clashes with ruthless pirates. As Sonic, players will set off from Windmill Village to explore seven action-packed levels featuring the classic 2D gameplay that the Sonic series is known for. Now players will get to explore the action stages to uncover valuable items and materials which allow Tails to build new ships that help Sonic explore the high-seas. With a fleet of up to five ships, including a submarine, water bike, and hovercraft, players will use the touch screen technology in exciting new ways to control their ships as they race across the ocean gathering rings, busting tricks, and torching pirate ships in fierce ship-to-ship battles.
- Classic Sonic 2D Gameplay with improved action stages. Sonic returns with his signature 2D gameplay presented seamlessly across both screens on the Nintendo DS. New action-packed gameplay will have gamers snowboarding down an avalanche, springboarding off giant mushrooms, and hang gliding across wide gaps.
- A high-speed ocean adventures. Sonic travels from island to island in search of objects and materials to build up to five different ships and battles with wicked pirates both on land and at sea throughout 14 stages.
- Enhanced touch screen controls. Players will navigate the oceans and perform aerial tricks to avoid treacherous water mines and aim their cannons during ship-to-ship battles by using the stylus and touch screen on the Nintendo DS.
- Compete with friends via DS Download Play in two battle modes. Two players will face-off in intense dual screen races or collect the most items spread throughout the map in exciting mission battles.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Mild Cartoon Violence