About this item
Nothing beats the luxury and deep comfortable sleep you get from the Slumber 1 8-inch Mattress-in-a-Box. Coil springs in this bed mattress provide better motion separation even as you toss and turn, making for a better night's sleep.
Slumber 1 8-inch Mattress-in-a-Box:
- Tight top bed mattress with individual spring coils
- Revolutionary rebound technology lets the mattress-in-a-box expand in minutes when unpacked
- Increased motion separation: springs provide undistributed rest
- Slumber 1 spring mattress is constructed to adjust individually to your weight and body shape
- Heavier gauge steel coil for durability and comfort with the Slumber 1 Mattress-in-a-Box
- Mattress is tightly packed and vacuum sealed, please allow 72 hours to return to original shape.
- Twin Dimensions: 75 x 39 x 8
- Full Dimensions:75 x 54 x 8
- Queen Dimensions: 80 x 60 x 8
- King Dimensions: 80 x 76 x 8
- Also available: Smart Base Steel Bed Frame in Twin/Full and Queen/King
- Beds sold separately. See our assortment of beds.
- Bed frames sold separately. See our assortment of bed frames.
|Ships In Multiple Boxes:||No|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||47.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||75.0 x 39.0 x 8.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- The box should fit into the backseat just fine. Wal-Mart loaded it into my car for me and I unloaded it at home. The box is a bit heavy, but I managed it and I'm a 5'-1" woman.by FLNativeMom5/31/2015Was this answer helpful? (23) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it will fit....it is about 3' long, 1.5'x1.5' wide box.by abababab5/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- yes!! i just got my full sized mattress and it easily fit in the back seat of my 2 door honda civic. i would guess a queen would have fit as well. not sure about a king sized tho. it is pretty heavy though so its really a 2 person job.by laurfly114/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. The mattress is rolled up in a box, that will fit in your car.by shannlink3/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by graycat13/7/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- guess it depends on size you buy but worst case you could put it is trunk and tie shut if it does not fit back seatby mugatu9/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not unless you can open your car door enough to accommodate a box the size of 62" long and about 40" wide. My Camry will not take that - the 40" is the problem - open your car door and measure but don't forget the back seat will lift it up - doubt you can put in a 40" square box into the back seat. I'd say back end of a SUV, van, wagon or pick up. Don't forget if you take out of the box or it opens up full of air - and doubt you could get it out of the car once it opened.by OregonDucky3/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- Might fit your back seat. It fits in Altima easily.by ReviewByShopper4/4/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it will. It's in a box with rollers but it is heavy. I needed my boyfriend to help lift it. I recommend putting it in the back seat.by An anonymous customer3/8/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no it will notby hollynurse3/31/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (3)Was this answer helpful?
Q. It says "in a box" what actually does that mean? Would it need to be on a plywood surface? Or could it sit on 2 x 2 props
- the mattress is rolled up and shipped in a box. It would still need either a plywood surface, box spring, or slats less than 3" apart.by ssolilone5/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (74) (6)Was this answer helpful?
- By "in a box" means it comes in a heavy duty cardboard box. Once the mattress is removed from the box it is vacuum packed in a clear plastic bag. The mattress is compressed very flat, in the bag, the folded in half, then rolled up. It was quite a surprising to see a queen mattress packed like this but after a couple of days of being opened it is a 60 by 80 inch mattress!!!by TattooJim6/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (39) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Mine is on 2x2 wood slats and it is just fine. It could also be placed on a traditional solid platform (plywood, etc.) "In a box" refers to how it is shipped. The mattress is folded/rolled then vacuum sealed in plastic to keep it in a small box. You won't believe a mattress is in the box when you receive it!by FLNativeMom5/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (23) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is in a cardboard box and it fit in my backseat very wellby coldwarmedic5/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (17) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This mattress comes folded in a box at Walmart for easy pick up. When you get it home, just open, let it breath for an hr or so and it's ready to sleep on.by Tootsieonline5/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (19) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The mattress is shipped in a box . It is in a plastic bag and then vacuum sealed like those space bags . The mattress compacts to about 2" thick then folded over and rolled up . I bought a full size and the box measured 39"x16"x16" and weighed about 60lbs. so you could easily get this into a small car , not on the roof .by dschuylerb5/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (23) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- This matress is a real matress like one you would buy out of a matress store. I bought it because it was amazing that a matress could be packed inside a box and then inflate once taken out. The instructions indicate that the matress will be in full form in 24 hours but it was much sooner, like and hour or so. It could sit on any surface you choose.by dmshelrivera5/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (24) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No it does not at all need to be on a plywood surface. It actually doesn't even need a boxspring. 'In a box' means just that, its delivered in a box, rolled up.by shannlink5/13/2015Was this answer helpful? (26) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- It's just a mattress. It doesn't have a frame. i have a platform with slats and it is fine.by graycat14/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (18) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- it means it arrives to you in a box....it is like folded/cpmpressed so it is easy to move///you do need a solid surface to support mattressby mugatu5/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (23) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- No way! Have you ever used that spray foam insulation that comes in an aerosol can? I think this bed is made out of that stuff. You spray it out of the can and it expands and sticks to everything and then hardens. To get this mattress back in the box would be like trying to get that foam insulation back in the can. LOLby imscarr5/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (12) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No! The box is pretty small. When you open the box the mattress is tightly air wrapped in plastic. Once you lay out the mattress and cut the mattress it blows up immediately which is totally amazing. It's totally comfortable.by Diannabanana14/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No will not go back to org. size in box.by DeLoves2Shop23/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It may be possible, but you would have to be extremely strong to re-roll the mattress back.by ssolilone4/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- noby mvg13/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would say no. Once you open the vacuum sealed bag that it come in it's pretty much open for good.by TattooJim3/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I dont think so. u will have to squeeze it badly to put it back in the box. thats wht my concern was whn I received the box. returning will be a pain if u dont like it.by AmyJ1244/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, definitely not. It is vacuum packed in plastic and enlarges dramatically after you break open the plastic.by FLNativeMom3/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not a chance. The box is about 3' high and 1.5' wide and the matteress is much bigger when it regains it shapeby abababab3/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. Once it is open from its condensed shipping state, it is like a regular mattress.by bizawit3/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?