About this item
The Singer 5400 Sew Mate sewing machine packs a punch! With features including 60 built-in stitches, variable needle positions and 4 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes, project possibilities are endless. The heavy-duty metal frame provides for overall durability and skip-free sewing. Push button stitch selection makes choosing your desired stitch foolproof, also assisted by the Stitch Guide included in your owner's manual. Easily reinforce stitches and sew in reverse with the Automatic Reverse button found on the front of the machine. The handy Quick Start Guide and Machine Intro DVD, included, will help you get started in no time!
Singer Sew Mate 60-Stitch Sewing Machine, 5400:
- Electronic sewing technology
- 60 built-in stitches featuring:
- 8 essential stitch patterns for basic sewing
- 8 stretch stitch patters for clothing construction and mending
- 40 decorative stitch patterns to create special detail
- 4 fully automatic 1-step buttonholes
- Additional automatic features:
- Needle threader
- Thread tension control
- Stitch length and width
- Presser foot activation
- Accessories with on-board storage:
- All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, needle pack, class 15 bobbins, thread spool cap, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, darning plate, needle plate, screwdriver, seam ripper/lint brush, soft-sided dust cover, foot control and power cord
- Integrated free arm provides easy access to sewing cuffs, collars and other difficult-to-reach areas
- Machine weight: 138 lbs
- Assembled dimensions: 18.3"W x 10.0"D x 14.5"H
- Model# 5400
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||17.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||16.5 x 8.0 x 12.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
- If you look at the shipping weight of 17.1, I guess that makes it a terrible typo.by hgrlmts5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think that is a type o. I have this machine and it's not that heavy or any heavier than any other sewing machine.by Debbie19595/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is obviously a typo. I just got back from WalMart, and was able to lift it easily with one hand. I'd estimate the weight to be less than 20 lbs.by Pat0015/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (13) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This listing is for a new unit. If it was a factory serviced machine it would clearly state that in the description.by SINGERSewingCompany5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- newby dappyswife5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes Usedby ccurb5/27/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Yesby MostHappyMommy5/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes the light is right over the needleby muslimahdiva3/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it does.by nyfreedombelle3/30/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?