About this item
Please review User Instructional Brochure before purchasing this product. Additional information and support is available from the following toll free number (877)763-8327.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE WEARERS:
This product is designed for adults and is not to be worn by individuals under the age of 18. Good health practice requires that a person with a hearing loss have a medical evaluation by a licensed physician (preferably a physician who specializes in diseases of the ear) before purchasing a hearing aid. Licensed physicians who specialize in diseases of the ear are often referred to as Otolaryngologists, Otologists, or Otorhinolaryngologists. The purpose of a medical evaluation is to assure that all medically treatable conditions that may affect hearing are identified and treated before the hearing aid is purchased. Following the medical evaluation, the physician will give you a written statement that states that your hearing loss has been evaluated medically and that you may be considered a candidate for a hearing aid. The physician may refer you to an audiologist or a hearing aid dispenser, as appropriate, for a hearing aid evaluation. The audiologist or hearing aid dispenser will conduct a hearing aid evaluation to assess your ability to hear with and without a hearing aid. The hearing aid evaluation will enable the audiologist or dispenser to select and fit a hearing aid to your individual needs. If you have reservations about your ability to adapt to amplification, you should inquire about the availability of a trial-rental or purchase option program. Many hearing aid dispensers now offer programs that permit you to wear a hearing aid for a period of time for a nominal fee after which you may decide if you want to purchase the hearing aid. Federal law restricts the sale of hearing aids to those individuals who have obtained a medical evaluation from a licensed physician. Federal law permits a fully informed adult to sign a waiver statement declining the medical evaluation for religious or personal beliefs that preclude consultation with a physician. The exercise of such a waiver is not in your best health interest and its use is strongly discouraged.
WAIVER TO MEDICAL EVALUATION REQUIREMENTS:
I acknowledge that:
Note: Ordering a hearing instrument from this web site constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of this "Waiver to Medical Evaluation Requirements."
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||Yes|
|Model No.:||Simplicity ST L|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||0.75 x 0.5 x 0.4|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. How does this fit ear? Is mold made to exact size? I have in past, tried using universal ear pieces and never fit right.
- The in ear speaker portion is made of a soft rubbery plastic. It is not molded to exact size, but appears to conform to the ear size. I find it comfortable to the point that I'm unaware I'm wearing the device. The amplification hardware is worn above the ear and the sound carried to the in ear speaker by a tiny clear plastic tube. So only a very small portion of the device resides in the ear canal.by Oneear12/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you have had a problem with universal ear pieces in the past, I suggest you try the over the ear hearing aid....It fits over the ear, not into the ear. it is really great.by PaulineW11/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no mold made of your ear. If you want a mold, then you will have to go to a Hearing Aid Store and have them fit specially to you. Be prepared to pay at least $3,500.00 for each. Try one of these in your right or left ear. They might fit. If not return them to Wal-mart and get a full refund without a question asked.by PaulineW11/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The mold isn't made to exact size... but if it helps, I have ears that never seem to fit "universal" things - ever. I was waiting for this product to be another non-fit. I was wrong - the body and the tube all fit very easily and well with even my hard to fit ear without discomfort. I did have to replace the size of the "dome" (the end piece that goes into the ear) to a medium rather than a large, or the too-tiny small dome. That helped with my very narrow ear tubes.by Starwynn1/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. simplicity hearing aid priced for 441.39 ===in the discription I do not see anything about a volume control ===is there a volume control??
- Yes. there is a button on the back (you can see it in the picture as being opposite of the clear tube side) that you push at any time - on or off your ear discretely. You have four levels of volume. They go from 1, 2, 3, to 4, and then back to 1. I usually do 1, unless I need a 2. 3 and 4 are very very loud and since even loud sounds are amplified, I wouldn't recommend them unless you're someone almost silent listening for very quiet noises with no chance of a loud sudden noise.by Starwynn4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The volume control is the push button. To increase the volume simply press the button and it will change to a different memory setting. There are 4 different memory settings that are preprogrammed for a mild to moderate high frequency hearing loss. The hearing aids cannot be customized for your individual hearing loss.by GeneralHearing4/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is a button to push for volume increase each push increases volume one step. there are four steps. If this aid had a tone control it would be exceptional.by frichards721/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is a push button that has 4 different levels this includes the 1st level that it is on when you receive.by mothernana311/7/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Usually 3-4 days; about 60 hours.by Flippity3/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- More than a week.by RevDennis3/13/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The battery life is typically 7-10 days (wearing the units for about 8 hrs a day)by GeneralHearingInstrumentsSupport3/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?