Silent Hill: Downpour brings a completely original storyline which follows Murphy Pendleton, a convict stranded in the foggy, malevolent world of Silent Hill. Pendleton begins the game lost and alone in the woods on the outskirts of the fabled town, when his prison transport bus crashes...What happens after this is up to the player, as Silent Hill: Downpour reveals a new, expansive environment that is similarly claustrophobic and where the player is never truly alone.
- All new and updated Silent Hill experience that visually stands on its own with the current competition. Utilizing Unreal 3 technology, the game brings the town of Silent Hill, its characters, the creatures and the alternate hell world into vivid and spectacular display.
- Free-roaming and deep exploration that will take players into all-new 'Side Quests' unlocking areas within the game, special items and bonus content.
- An ever-changing game world including day and night 'Normal' world and 'Otherworld' world, all manifested and sourced form character actions throughout the game.
- First-time ever 3D technology will bring Silent Hill a step closer to the player with three-dimensional immersion.
- Renowned story and music talent attached to the game including:
- Silent Hill comic writer, Tom Waltz
- Original music directed and composed by renowned composer, Dan Licht, of the Showtimes series, Dexter.
- Theme song performed by hard-rock multiplatinum group, Korn.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Sexual Themes, and Intense Violence