Check out these related products
- $46.82 List price $49.99Save $3.17
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition (PC)
Consider these popular products
- Rollback$9.99 Was $12.96Save $2.97
- Rollback$9.99 Was $12.96Save $2.97
- $22.99 Was $29.96Save $6.97
- Rollback$9.99 Was $12.99Save $3.00
- $29.81 Was $34.99Save $5.18
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition is the perfect entry point for PC gamers who have yet to experience the famous "just-one-more-turn" addictive gameplay that has made Civilization one of the greatest game series of all time. The package includes Sid Meier's Civilization V, the Gods & Kings Expansion Pack and all of the available add-on content.
- The Gold Edition includes:
- Sid Meier's Civilization V.
- Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
- Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II).
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia.
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings.
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea.
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca.
- Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack.
- Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean map.
- Cradle of Civilization - Asia map.
- Cradle of Civilization - Americas map.
- Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia map.
- Explorer's Map Pack.
- Tech-tree poster.
- Official Digital Soundtrack.
- A New Experience Each Time You Play: Play as one of 34 historical leaders and wage war by land, sea and air, conduct diplomacy & espionage, establish religious beliefs, and discover new technologies in your quest to build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- Play at Your Own Pace: Jump right in with an intuitive interface that eases new players into the game. Guided by a set of trusted advisors who will explain how the game works and provide counsel for significant decisions, first-time players will be confident in the choices they make. Veterans of the series will appreciate the depth, detail and control that they are familiar with.
- Broad System Compatibility: Sid Meier's Civilization V operates on a wide variety of systems from high-end DirectX 11 desktop PC's to many different laptops, and is optimized for the new touch-screen Ultrabook devices.
- Believable World: More than just a strategy game - the ultra-realistic visuals and immersive audio immerse you in a world with a limitless variety of vast, realistic and diverse landscapes to claim as your own.
- Huge Battles: Wars between empires feel massive with armies spreading across the landscape. The addition of ranged bombardment challenges you to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield.
- Diplomacy Negotiate with some of history's most cunning rulers, each with a well-crafted plan for victory. City States will present a new diplomatic battleground on which the major powers of the world will vie for supremacy.
- Religion: Found a Pantheon of the Gods to cultivate Great Prophets and create a religion you can customize and enhance. Beliefs unlock custom buildings that only people of your religion can construct.
- Naval Combat and Espionage: No coastal city is safe as the navy is now split into melee and ranged ship types, enhance by the addition of the Great Admiral. Send your spies into foreign cities for surveillance, to steal advanced technologies from your competitors, or to interfere with city-state alliances.
- Multiplayer: Civilization V brings community to the forefront, allowing you to compete with other players around world and providing endless ways to rule the world.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE 10+ with Mild Language, Drug Reference, and Mild Violence
|Genre:||Strategy & Role Playing|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 5.25 x 1.45|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes you do have to sign up for a free steam account to play the game. I have not recevied a thing from steam as far as ads go. Actually I haven't received anything from steam. It just sits there. It does nothing. I don't use it for anything but to launch the game.by 323Romans8/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I had to sign up for a Steam Account when I tried to install mine--I couldn't find anyway around that. Actually it's not that bad. Registering Civ 5 with a Steam Account means I can redownload this game if something happens to my computer at no extra charge--just answer a couple of security questions which you yourself set up. You even can search for people who play this game and play online with or against them. I very RARELY see ads. They do pop up on occasion (once for sure that I remember) and I just clicked the X and went on. You DO have to be online to play tho. At least at the start. My internet went down for a short time while playing a SP game and I was still able to play. Anyway hope that helps.by Danibus1/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I currently have Civ. V, would it be worth it to buy Civilization V: Gold Edition or just buy Civ. V Gods & Kings?
- No it doesn't. After looking at both products, God and Kings expansion shows that downloadable content is available for a fee. Civ 5 Gold Edition offers the vanilla version (the original), the Gods and Kings expansion, and some the best downloadable content available included at no extra charge. Since you already have the original, how much do you need the extra content? If you think you don't want it, I would just get the expansion. Ultimately, it's your choice. Hope this helps :)by Danibus1/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Is there a charge for the steam account. I would hate to pay $50.00 plus taxes for the game then have to pay an additional fee to install and play t
- No, the steam account is free. At least I did not have to pay to open a steam account. I bought the game at the store and then went home and got the steam account and started playing right away.by 323Romans8/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?