Shop-Vac Brute 5 Gallon
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The heavy duty Shop-Vac Brute delivers the performance of a large vacuum/blower in a portable unit with 4.5 peak horsepower.
- 5-gallon tank
- Powerful 4.5 peak horsepower motor
- Easily converts to blower function by inserting hose into blower port
- Conveniently located large on/off switch
- Top carry handle for easy lifting
- Large latches for easy opening
- 6-foot cord
- Onboard accessory and cord storage
- Disposable filter bag
- ProLong Cartridge filter
- Heavy-duty polypropylene tank
- Efficient double filtration
- 3-year warranty
- Model No. 5872427
|Manufacturer Part Number:||1124438|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I love the filter bags too, they really do help keep the inside of the machine clean and extend the life of the cartridge filter. My local Walmart had the blue filter bags in stock. Check with an associate to see if they can get them for you, too. You can also order direct from Shop Vac @ www.shopvac.com. Shop Vac's website has a nice utility program where you enter the model number of your vacuum and it will show you all available filter options. You can purchase directly from Shop Vac through their website, which I have successfully done before, or you could perform a quick Google search (using the identified filters part numbers) and find MANY vendors. Also worth mentioning, Consumer Reports found the less expensive blue bags performed as well as the drywall specific bags for less money. Good luck!by BrighterBurgher9/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (32) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Wow, what a neat idea! The Brute pushes out 175 cubic feet of air every minute, and with a good amount of force. That's a lot of air movement, enough to "fill" a van every minute. Much more volume than any hairdryer I've ever seen. You would likely be pushing the water off the animal. Similar to the dryer-tubes at an automated car-wash. The is air is not warmed, and the exhaust doesn't get warm even after running the unit for a while. Not at all like a hair dryer. Depending how you use, and more importantly maintain, the Shop Vac, dust could exit the blower and end up on the animal. One more thought, most Shop Vac's will be much louder than a hair dryer - creating a risk of startling the animal. The Brute is quiet for a Shop Vac, but louder than a hair dryer. All that said, it may work well if the animals can tolerate the drying. Just take precautions to protect yourself. If you do try it, be sure to post back how it worked! I'm certain the Shop Vac corporation would be interested as well. I've found their website helpful, and they regularly run "best use of a Shop Vac" story contests. Good Luck!!by BrighterBurgher8/6/2010Was this answer helpful? (26) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Any 1.25" hose should work. My local Walmart had a few in stock. Maybe if you ask an associate, they could check nearby stores. Also, www.shopvac.com has just several options for you. I suggest you look at kits that include the hose with useful attachments, usually at a very fair price - much less expensive than purchasing separately.by BrighterBurgher2/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (29) (0)Was this answer helpful?