About this item
The SentrySafe HD4100 Waterproof Fire File is an extremely handy storage case used to keep all your vital papers and documents safe. A continuous seal on the jamb and waterproof insulation offer protection from threats of potential water damage. This SentrySafe fire and waterproof file features a key lock for security and a full-time latch, which seals documents even when not locked. This sentry file safe has a sleek and contemporary look and is designed to allow for better organization. Paper documents can be stored in the main compartment of the SentrySafe HD4100 Waterproof Fire File, while CDs, DVDs, USB drives and memory sticks can be stored in the lid holder. All your important documents and media storage devices can be arranged in a central location which adds to the functionality of this sentry file safe. This document fire safe can cater to all your secure storage needs at home and at work.
SentrySafe HD4100 Fire and Waterproof File:
- Carries the UL classification for 30 minutes of fire protection up to 1550 degrees F
- SentrySafe fire and waterproof file has an ETL verification for water protection
- Full-time spring latch seals the unit even when it is unlocked
- Organize your documents while protecting them at the same time
- Hanging file folders can fit inside this unit (not included)
- Model# HD4100
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||41.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||15.5 x 13.5 x 14.3|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA|
|Origin of Components:||USA|
Ask a question
Q. Does it come with a file frame inside to hang the folders or do you need to get that separate also?
- There are grooves on both sides to hang filesby PurplePatriot4/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The configuration inside allows for hanging files; you do not need to buy anything additional.by Bonita20004/21/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes - Ready for Pendaflexby JRKhomeowner2/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, a groove is Molded into the top of the Safe Body and hanging file folders works perfectly.by Anglzel2/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is rim built into the unit that holds hanging files.by echocomcast1/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Dear Lily, Thank you for your interest in Sentry Safe products. There is nothing more to purchase in order to hang letter sized hanging file folders in this unit. For more information and to view the spec sheet, please visit our website at the link below. http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/271/HD4100_FIRE-SAFE Thank you, Sentry Groupby SentrySafeProductExpert1/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The answer provided by Blaze2010 agrees with the vendor's product description at http://www.sentrysafe.com/Products/271/HD4100_FIRE-SAFEby scotts0023/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The 13.5" wide that is specified is actually front-to-back exterior. Interior dimensions are approximately as follows: side-to-side = 11-3/4", front-to-back = 7-3/4", bottom-to-opening seal = 9-3/8". Additionally, the recessed portion of the lid measures about 12-1/2" x 7-5/8" x 1-7/8". This recessed area of the lid is supposedly for storing CD's and computer media; HOWEVER, the Model HD4100's UL rating would not support that conclusion since the temperature could get up to 350F in a design basis fire. For computer and audio/visual media and photo negatives, you would need a media-safe model like the 1710 or 6720 that would keep the internal temperature below 125F as the fire moved through a building.by MechanicalEngineer12/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The interior is 12" wide x 8" deep. Perfect for letter size hanging file folders.by MadeInAlaska3/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It has very thick walls to get the fire rating. The inside width is 12", perfect for letter size hanging file folders; and the inside depth is 8"by MadeInAlaska3/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- The interior dimensions are 11.5"H x 12"W x 8.1" Depth Exterior dimensions are 14.3"H x 15.5"W x 13.5"Dby blaze20103/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (10) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is a metal lock. The activating latch is plastic and if it melts you'll have to pry it open.by jjk3081/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The product is UL rated for a specific fire intensity and duration. The latch obviously performs well enough to help allow the unit to achieve that classification/rating. Details of the testing and capabilities of this unit are provided in the Owner's Manual. After reviewing those details, you could then decide if you need a unit with a higher rating or, alternatively, if you need to keep your documents in a separate location.by MechanicalEngineer11/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It is my understanding that fire will seal the safe shut to protect the contents from fire and water from fire fighting efforts. Thank goodness I have not tested this feature.by GrandmaYvette1/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- When the file is in a fire all the plastic melts off and the insulation inside fuses the top & bottom of the file together. What you will see after the fire looks like a large concrete block. You will have to take a crow bar to get into it. Once you do, you will find your items will be safe. Once complete, please send us (SentrySafe) a photo of the product and a note telling us what happened and based on our "After Fire Replacement Guarantee" we will send you a new safe free of charge.by blaze20103/14/2014Was this answer helpful? (20) (0)Was this answer helpful?