Check out these related products
Samsung Smart Media Player with Built-In WiFi" GX-SM530CF/XAA
Consider these popular products
- $21.22 Was $24.96Save $3.74
- $189.00 Was $198.47Save $9.47
- $41.23 Was $47.69Save $6.46
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Enhance your viewing experience with this Samsung GX-SM530CF Smart Media Player. It offers access to smart apps, including Netflix and Amazon Instant Video so you can enjoy a host of movies at home. Equipped with built-in WiFi, this Samsung smart media player comes with one remote that gives you seamless use of both Smart TV and cable. It also works with existing TV providers so no change is necessary; all you need is a CableCARD provided by your cable company. This Samsung media player set top box offers an alternative to a standard cable box and remote rental. It also provides full live TV capability and a smart hub. This device support various formats including Dolby Digital and MP3 audio, and MPEG-1/2/4, DivX HD, MKV and WMV video formats. Easy to connect, it comes with a USB 2.0 port and an HDMI connector.
Samsung GX-SM530CF Smart Media Set Top Box:
- Full live TV capability and smart hub
- Full web browser
- CableCARD supported
- BD wise
- Audio decoding formats: Dolby Digital, Digital Plus, LPCM, AAC, MP3, WMA
- Video decoding formats: MPEG-1/2/4, DivX HD, MKV, WMV, JPEG
- Ethernet and WiFi
- Samsung media player set top box with USB 2.0 port and HDMI out
|Manufacturer Part Number:||TH6755|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.81 x 9.17 x 0.98 IN|
Manuals & Guides
- PDF , 625K, 3 pagesView
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Do you need to contact your cable company in order to pair this product or is it plug and play?
- I had to contact their 800 number and once I told them what box it was and the numbers they needed from it's setup screen it loaded all my channels and was up and running in about 10 minutes. I had more problems getting the guide to work becuase I forgot to complete the setup as far as telling it my zipcode and provider, once I did that the guide also loaded and worked.by 69Dartman10/15/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, Yes and Yes There are three catagories of Cable TV service that this STB can utilize. Depending on what services you want from the Cable Company, will depend on the answer. 1. Clear Channels (No). Most Cable Systems have between 2 and 30 channels that do not require a CableCARD. This STB can be used to "Scan" the cable system for these free (un-encrypted) channels, and you can watch those channels without renting a CableCARD, Similar to any HD TV with an RF input. But you will need to be a Cable TV customer to get the Cable Feed to start with. Examples are ABC-HD, NBC-HD, CBS-HD and PBS-HD. 2. Encrypted Cable (Yes). These are channels that are encrypted and require a CableCARD to be installed and ("Bound" / "Paired" / "Authorized") with your STB. You will need to call your Cable Service provider to request a CableCARD and there will be a rental fee for the CableCARD (less than the cost of renting a Cable Box from most Cable Companies). Some Cable Systems mail you the CableCARD with an installation guide, others will require the CableCARD be installed by the Cable Company (and they may, or may not charge you a fee for this service). Examples of channels are ESPN, TNT, HBO, Showtime etc. 3. Encrypted Channels (Yes) using Switched Digital Video (SDV). Some Cable Systems (i.e., Time Warner, Cox Cable) use a technology that requires a "Tuning Adapter" be installed to recieve "the rest" of your channels. In these Systems about 50% of the encrypted channels are always there, the other 50% are "switched" and require a Tuning Adapter to watch these channels. The Tuning adapter connects the Cable system just like a STB but is also connects to the STB using USB Cable. Together, the two devices give you access to all channels (you pay for). The Tuning Adapter will be provided by the Cable Company. Each company can choose to charge a fee, or not. In most cases so far, there was no additional charge.by ChuckTheCableGuy12/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- same answer as Mr. Samsung but will add this. The cable box alone does NOT control how many channels you can receive. the cable service you pay for from comcast or other cable service. Most likely you will get more channels and feaures than digital basic service.by onsalecd1/3/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Your cable provider will likely be able to speak more to the services available with the CableCard. But the benefit of the Cable Card is that typically, you can get more channels options than with just a typical wall-connection. Thanks for your interest in Samsung products. --Mr.Samsungby An anonymous customer11/29/2013Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this model does have an optical output.by CommunityAnswer5/4/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Steve, Yes, this model has an optical output for sending the audio signal to your audio bar or receiver. Thanks for your interest in Samsung products. --Mr.Samsungby An anonymous customer4/21/2014Written by a verified representative fromWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?