Remo Frame Drum, Fiberskin 3, 12" Diameter x 2.5" Depth
Customers also viewed these products
- $129.00 Was $139.97Save $10.97
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Remo Fiberskyn 3 Frame Drum has a wide body shell and is provided with a thumb notch and four holes located around the circumference of the ACOUSTICON shell. The four holes are placed in a manner allowing the use of many materials such as rope, string, leather or vinyl strips creating a handle to suspend the drum which increase the projection when struck with a mallet or hand.
All frame drums are equipped with a Remo drum head and are manufactured with Remo's patented ACOUSTICON shell that produce the same tonal characteristic found on traditional wood shell drums with excellent projection and enhanced low-pitched fundamentals. The results - the Remo frame drum is light weight, durable, weather-resistant and easy to play which means you'll have countless hours jamming on your new instrument.
The Frame drum originates in the Middle East and is among the oldest of drums. Frame drums can be played using a traditional style with fingers, striking edge of drum producing a "tak" tone. It can also be held with one hand and played with a soft mallet or straddled between the knees like a bongo drum. Whether you are a professional drummer or just want to have fun at a drum circle with family or friends, the Remo frame drum will meet your highest expectations for sound quality and durability.
|Age Start:||4 Years|
|Age End:||and up|
|Model No.:||REM HD851200|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||3.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||12.0 x 12.0 x 2.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- one drumby gamsrguidingme2shine3/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Apparently, only one according to adding to my cart. You see, Remo is one of a few fabricators which makes quality drum heads for professional drummers. (Go to any music store or site which sells better new drums--you'll find Remo products!) Better drum heads generally sell for at least $10 or more a piece (depending upon the size needed--remember, a single drum shell may require two heads (top and bottom)--so, replacing heads is expensive). There's a lot to coating, design, and otherwise making a drum head sound good and to sound a certain way--it's not as simple as mere mass-production. (The product area does cause a great deal of disagreement among drummers.) This particular product is somewhat more involved than a mere drum head--it incorporates some type of frame as well--so, naturally, it would cost more than a Remo drum head of this size. The one person reviewing this item likely doesn't understand this fact. Wal-Mart is to be commended for taking a step forward by offering customers a sampling of Remo products--of pro quality percussion!!by gsnoorky11/23/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$25.75 Was $27.99Save $2.24
- Reduced Price$16.58 Was $20.07Save $3.49
- Reduced Price$26.20 Was $30.28Save $4.08
- $22.77 Was $40.95Save $18.18
- $22.30 Was $23.99Save $1.69
- Rollback$25.00 Was $26.95Save $1.95