Religion Matters: What Sociology Teaches Us About Religion in Our World
Check out these related products
- $156.58 List price $193.00Save $36.42
- $83.60 List price $107.20Save $23.60
- $159.75 List price $173.00Save $13.25
- $103.00 List price $115.80Save $12.80
- $132.95 List price $139.95Save $7.00
- $169.20 List price $216.00Save $46.80
- $89.54 List price $106.20Save $16.66
- $102.46 List price $115.20Save $12.74
- $88.00 List price $111.80Save $23.80
- $169.60 List price $221.80Save $52.20
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Prentice Hall, 2010, ISBN13 9780205628001, ISBN10 0205628001
This is a new text for the sociology of religion course. Instead of surveying the field systematically, the text is organized around a set of big questions that generate the most discussion and debate in the sociology of religion field. Big questions covered in the text, include:
- Whatever happened to the so-called 'decline of religion'? Explaining religious vitality in today's world.
- Why is there a rising tide of fundamentalism around the world?
- How have recent waves of immigration changed the landscape of religion in the US and elsewhere?
- What are we to make of innovative ways to get your religion? -Mega-churches, televangelism and the crystal shop around the corner
- Is religion a force for social change or a tool of the status quo?
- Can democratic political systems accommodate growing religious diversity?
- If religion teaches love, how can it lead to violence?
- How are sex roles, gender identity and definitions of the family infused with religious meaning?
- Does religion contribute to environmental degradation? Does it have a role to play in preserving the environment?
- What's with the struggle between science and religion?
- Do we need God to do good? Religious and moral values in schools, charities and public policy.
|Number of Pages:||258|
|Author:||Mirola, William A. , Emerson, Michael O. , Monahan, Susanne C.|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
|Publication Date:||May, 2010|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.00 x 9.00 x 0.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $24.36 List price $34.99Save $10.63
- $13.19 List price $16.00Save $2.81
- $19.95 List price $37.95Save $18.00
- $25.60 List price $26.95Save $1.35
- $11.36 Was $12.60Save $1.24
- $10.73 Was $12.15Save $1.42
- $8.15 Was $8.99Save $0.84
- $9.50 Was $10.44Save $0.94