The new Pokemon HeartGold Version and Pokemon SoulSilver Version games inspired by the originals have evolved to include updated graphics and sound as well as intuitive new controls that use the Nintendo DS touch screen. For the first time, players can interact with all their favorite Pokemon outside of battle by selecting the leader from their party to follow behind them on their travels. The classic tales of the Game Boy originals are retold with a bevy of new areas and features. The new Pokeathlon is a multiplayer sports festival in which your Pokemon compete against others in Speed, Power, Skill, Stamina, and Jump performance courses. The brand new Pokewalker accessory allows players to bring their favorite Pokemon with them wherever they go.
- Players become a Pokemon Trainer, traveling from town to town across the Johto region on an adventure to catch, train and battle Pokemon.
- Players can take their favorite Pokemon with them wherever they go using the new Pokewalker accessory. Wirelessly transfer a Pokemon to the Pokewalker and walk them through virtual routes as the player walks around in real life. By walking, players earn Watts that can be used to encounter and catch wild Pokemon or search for hidden items. The Pokemon in the Pokewalker will gain experience points as the player walks, and can even go up one level when they are transferred back into the game. Players also can wirelessly connect two Pokewalkers to get special gifts.
- For the first time, any Pokemon can follow players on their journey outside of the Poke Ball. Your favorite Pokemon can always be at your side!
- Players with a wireless broadband connection can interact with their friends who have either the Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version game to trade or battle Pokemon via the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service. Players can also battle and trade with others via a local wireless connection.
- An internal clock keeps track of the time of day and the day of the week. Some special events will only happen on certain days or at certain times of day.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Mild Cartoon Violence