About this item
Give your bedroom a sleek and modern look with the South Shore SoHo Storage Platform Bed. This unique piece can hold a mattress that is up to 54" or 60" wide. The natural maple platform bed is made from laminated particle board and offers durable performance and a beautiful look that will work with a wide variety of color schemes. The bed features two drawers underneath the platform to give you added storage space for your seasonal items or extra blankets and pillows. If you have a smaller bedroom, then the drawers can be used for your clothing and you won't need to take up space with a dresser. The drawers on this full/queen storage platform bed are on metal slides for smooth gliding. This piece of furniture is low to the ground and can be used without a box spring. The low profile and clean lines of the South Shore SoHo Storage Platform Bed gives it a contemporary look that is sure to update the bedroom and enhance your decor.
South Shore SoHo Platform Bed:
- Accommodates mattresses from 54" to 60" wide
- Full/queen storage platform bed has two storage drawers underneath
- Assembly required
- Measures: 80.5" x 60" x 10.5"
- Shipping: sturdy cardboard edging and shrink-wrap film ensure damaged-free delivery
- Box dimensions: 65.25" x 20.75" x 6.4"
See all bedroom furniture on Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
|Ships In Multiple Boxes:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||138.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||81.0 x 9.0 x 63.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Does the actual platform stick out further than the mattress does. Worried about hitting my shins on wood just walking around it.
- Yes it does, especially the corners. Even with a queen mattress, part of the platform is exposed, leaving your shins out for the bed to destroy. I have hit my ankles numerous times. I recommend getting some sort of padding on the corners and edges.by lidgurl09089/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it does stick out further. We put corner protectors like u use for little ones cause we banged our shins a lot.works great no more problemsby 3girlsmom12/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Only when my mattress sifts a little. The platform sits about 4 inches larger than the drawers so no stubbing toes and with mattress and comforter at shin level I have bumped my shins (yet)! And it make my room look HUGE!by number1twinsister11/6/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes a little just be carefulby itsmewaikiki10/22/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- not unless you want a really high bedby alhan8/4/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You do not need a box spring because of the way the platform beds are designed, but you can certainly use one if you want. It does make the bed a little higher but comfort level is about the same.by lidgurl09087/10/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you shouldn't need a box spring for it i have used it both ways and i only added the box spring for height and well the fact that my mattress and box spring set was a gift from a family memberby livesforkids2/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you really won't need it, the bed will get really tallby burnstein2/7/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It means it is big enough for a queen mattress but it can hold a full mattress as well. The full would just leave more room on the actual platform part.by lidgurl09087/9/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It means you hit your leg on the bed when you walk by it! We put a full size mattress on it and there is still a few in of "extra" platform, all the way around!by shoppinfordealz11/26/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- its a queen but u can u a full mattress on up as wellby iloveteeth8912/27/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i'm not 100% sure But, i think the full/queen size means you can either fit a full size mattress or a queen size mattress on this platform bed. I put a queen size mattress on this platform bed and it fits perfectly leaving about a quarter inch of "wood" So, if you decided to put a full size matress on it you would have more space, say, for your cellphone to be charging or a bottle of water, etc.by JFirstApt5/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?