Customers also bought these products
- from $22.39
- $10.19List price
- from $14.96
- from $14.96
- from $22.39
- from $6.75
Philips BDP2900 Blu-ray Disc and DVD Player, Internet Connected
About this item
About this item
With the Philips BDP2900 Blu-ray Disc and DVD Player, movies never looked better. Incredibly sharp images in full HD 1080p are delivered from Blu-ray discs, and DVD upscaling offers near-HD video quality. To speed up the process, and make it more user-friendly, there are Netflix and VUDU shortcut buttons on remote control that allow you to do the basic commands necessary both for watching your video and for controlling the general interface. DivX Plus HD offers the latest in DivX technology to let you enjoy HD videos and movies from the Internet direct to your Philips HDTV or PC. DivX Plus HD supports the playback of DivX Plus content (H.264 HD video with high-quality AAC audio in an MKV file container) while also supporting previous versions of DivX video up to 1080p. Dolby TrueHD delivers the finest sound from your Blu-ray Discs. Audio reproduced is virtually indistinguishable from the studio master, so you hear what the creators intended for you to hear.
Philips BDP2900 Blu-ray Disc and DVD Player:
- DVD upscaling offers near-HD resolution
- DivX Plus HD certified for HD DivX playback
- Connect to the Internet to access movies, TV shows, music and more
- Internet Connected
- Ethernet port for wired connection
- Plays AVCHD, BD, BD-R, BD-RE, CD, CDDA, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, DVD +R/+RW, DVD -R/-RW, SVCD, VCD formats
- Surround sound decoders include Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS 2.0 + Digital out, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS-HD Master Audio
- 1 HDMI output
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||3.3|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||14.17 x 8.26 x 1.73|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes. The HDMI cable is not included.by Nosealot1/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You must purchase an HDMI cable and the TV must have an HDMI port.by Topkick19471/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- YESby DHBBQ12/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It does not come with the required HDMI cable.by Lens20v8/27/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby Lewisatty8/27/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it does not contain connecting cables for the TV or network and it doesn't connect to either of those without a cable.by BftFoodie10/31/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Make sure you have the dongle first, otherwise you can't get online at all (its an additional cost). Mine only has a HDMI connection. I don't believe there is an adapter out there.by MyMojo2/11/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Simply, no. There is only an HDMI output on this machine. There are no others, such as an S connector or RCA plugs. As I suspect that this will increasingly be the case, you may want to search for a device that will accept HDMI and convert to the baseband RCA connections. It may prove difficult because HDMI also includes the audio and so you would need to separate the stereo audio from the video and end up with 5 RCA jacks.by Nosealot2/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You're only option then is the digital coaxial output which is a special cord you can only hope to find at the store. I would go for an old school DVD player that allows your traditional cable wire as an output.by Forevermercy1/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I purchased a Universal Wifi N Adapter Ethernet to Wifi. Model #GWU627. I purchased from Amazon. It is connected to my blue ray with an ethernet cable and wirelessly connected to my wireless router.by KelHope2/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. What do I need to hook this up to an Old tv..No internet, no cable or dish...Just the player & Old tv
- Your TV MUST be new enough to have an HDMI port. This does not have any of the RCA connectors, or S-video connectors that some older models had. The internet is an optional feature. So if you don't have the HDMI capability, this is not the machine for you!by Nosealot1/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can only connect this to a television that has an HDMI port.by Topkick19471/7/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You must have an HDMI input on you tv in order to hook up this deviceby jph131312/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- YOU WILL NEED AN AV TO HDMI CONVERTER BOX. YOUR CHEAPEST BET IS EBAY.by DHBBQ12/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?