About this item
With its colorful, user-friendly format, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, 7th Edition provides students with all the pharmacology information they need - and no more than they need - to administer drugs safely and effectively. Increased emphasis on the nursing process and prioritization focuses on the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluations. Thoroughly updated drug information is clear and concise, highlighting the most commonly used drugs, and includes a unique focus on safety-oriented QSEN competencies. Hundreds of full-color illustrations show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration. Written by expert pharmacology educators and clinicians, this bestselling textbook employs innovative, practical learning aids to help your students prepare for success on the NCLEX Examination and in nursing practice.
- Focus on need-to-know information provides the most essential drug information for safe, effective clinical practice.
- Focus on the nursing process and prioritization helps you apply the nursing process to all aspects of drug therapy, from assessment to nursing diagnoses, interventions, and evaluation/outcome criteria.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated Study Skills Tips include practical advice on time management, note taking, study techniques, and test-taking strategies.
- Special boxes and tables highlight evidence-based practice, dosages, pharmacokinetics, laboratory values related to drug therapy, preventing medication errors, cultural implications, lifespan considerations, herbal therapies, and legal and ethical principles.
- Nearly 300 full-color illustrations and the Photo Atlas of Drug Administration show how drugs work in the body and depict key steps in drug administration by various routes.
- NCLEX Examination-style review questions are included in every chapter, with at least one alternate-format item per chapter and more than 40 new dosage calculation questions.
- Drug profiles highlight the pharmacokinetics and unique variations of commonly used drugs.
- Case studies promote clinical reasoning skills related to nursing pharmacology.
- Patient Teaching Tips include key points to convey to patients, their families, and their caregivers.
- Focus on need-to-know content uses a streamlined approach to drug indications and emphasizes only the most common or serious adverse effects rather than all reported adverse effects, listing them in order of those most commonly seen.
- Focus on prioritization includes prioritized nursing diagnoses along with corresponding prioritization of goals and outcomes, helping you connect nursing diagnoses to goals and outcomes.
- UNIQUE! QSEN focus highlights those aspects of the book that correlate with the QSEN competencies for patient safety and quality nursing care.
- Clear, direct-address writing style promotes learning of pharmacology content.
- NEW drugs and NEW treatment guidelines help you ensure that your clinical practice is consistent with the latest evidence-based guidelines, including the latest FDA drug approvals, drug withdrawals, therapeutic uses, and warnings/precautions.
- NEW and UPDATED illustrations clarify drug administration and pharmacological processes for easier understanding.
- Student resources on an Evolve companion website include new Unfolding Case Studies and additional opportunities for active learning.
Explore this item
|Publisher:||Elsevier - Health Sciences Division|
|Publish Date:||Dec 07, 2012|
|Number of Pages:||984|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||4.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.5 x 11.0 x 1.5|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.