Consider these popular products
$259.99You save $10.00
- $129.99List price
$199.99You save $70.00
- $199.99List price
$259.99You save $60.00
$199.99You save $10.00
- $149.99List price
$199.99You save $50.00
$199.99You save $10.00
- $99.99List price
$149.99You save $50.00
- $129.99List price
$179.99You save $50.00
- $229.99List price
$289.99You save $60.00
Panasonic 42" Class Plasma 720p 600Hz HDTV, TC- P42X5
About this item
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. I see that the shipping weight is 72.75 pounds. What is the weight of this unit when unpacked?
- 38.5 lbsby 1Soundman110/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The TC-P42X5 manual(Available online, under "support" at Panasonic.Com), lists the weight of the TV, itself, as 35.3 lbs.(16.0 kg), with the shipping weight about 3 lbs. more. The TC-P50X5 weighs 46.3 lbs.(21 kg), with shipping weight, 3 lbs. more.by JTGjr8/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think the TV weighs 35 pounds- I was able to EASILY unpack, attach stand, and lift it into armoir in my bedroom. It is very solidly built and constructed well. Go for this TV IT ROCKS!!!by PanasonicPal11/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is the weight for the 50" screen. The 42 is around 50lbs and the dimensions are smaller. I was able to pick it up from the store and put it in the back seat of my 4 door sedan Cadillac with out any problemby RedHawk10218/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you are hooking it through HD cable or satelitte it ROCKS!!!! The SD picture is not great, but not many HD tv's have great SD pictures- they are built specifically for HD signal. My tv is hooked to blue-ray DVD with wifi and netflix is streaming beautifully!!! I have a 60" 1080P that cost more than twice as much as this TV and I would put them neck and neck in picture quality.....by PanasonicPal11/29/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm very happy with this TV, this is my 2nd Panasonic Plasma, 4th Panasonic TV I've owned. I have a 2008 50" Panasonic Plasma that is still going strong. Plasma's have come a long way and still give LCD and LED LCD's a run for their money, quality and pricewise.by L10117/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, go to store view it first, have them show you features.by Reviewer902106/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is a GREAT TV! It is a master bedroom TV for us- hooked up through HD cable and Blue Ray DVD with wifi- not sure what connection Wii uses, but if it is HDMI then definitely get this set- you can mount it on the wall pretty cheaply and the solid construction will be good for kids :) Sound is average but you do have ability to adjust settings in custom settings and for bedroom or playroom tv it is more than sufficient. I would not recommend for large living/family room area for sound unless you add a surround sound system. But with flat screen tv's the speakers are getting smaller and smaller as tv's get thinner and thinner. My kids see just fine from 10-12 feet away in our bedroom. Good luck!by PanasonicPal11/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I just purchased this TV and the quality of the built in speakers is actually quite good, I have a Dynex LCD and the built in speakers are pathetic. The Wii should be able to connect to it as it has the necessary RCA composite inputs available.by diamondback5416/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I was amazed at the sound. some tv's speakers sound like clock radio speakers, I had to make sure it was my tv with this huge sound. Yes, It is great for the Wii, and plus for netflix. Before purchasing have a associate at the store you purchase give you a demo of all features, and learn about the anti image retention. Do not keep still screens on Plasmas, for extended periods.by Reviewer902107/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?