Pagan Christianity?: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices
Check out these related products
- $10.69 Was $12.99Save $2.30
- $12.67 List price $15.99Save $3.32
- $11.15 Was $14.99Save $3.84
- $12.77 List price $14.99Save $2.22
- $11.74 Was $13.99Save $2.25
- $10.77 Was $13.99Save $3.22
- $17.10 Was $19.99Save $2.89
- $9.65 Was $12.99Save $3.34
- $14.92 Was $21.99Save $7.07
- $13.96 Was $19.95Save $5.99
- $20.33 List price $24.99Save $4.66
- $13.48 List price $14.99Save $1.51
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Have you ever wondered why we Christians do what we do for church every Sunday morning? Why do we "dress up" for church? Why does the pastor preach a sermon each week? Why do we have pews, steeples, and choirs? This ground-breaking book, now in affordable softcover, makes an unsettling proposal: most of what Christians do in present-day churches is rooted, not in the New Testament, but in pagan culture and rituals developed long after the death of the apostles. Coauthors Frank Viola and George Barna support their thesis with compelling historical evidence and extensive footnotes that document the origins of modern Christian church practices. In the process, the authors uncover the problems that emerge when the church functions more like a business organization than the living organism it was created to be. As you reconsider Christ's revolutionary plan for his church--to be the head of a fully functioning body in which all believers play an active role--you'll be challenged to decide whether you can ever do church the same way again.
|Publisher:||Tyndale House Pub|
|Publish Date:||Jan 2012|
|Number of Pages:||295|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.85|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.5 x 1.0|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $8.46 Was $9.36Save $0.90
- $10.19 List price $16.99Save $6.80
- $8.49 List price $10.00Save $1.51
- $29.03 List price $39.99Save $10.96
- $26.72 List price $34.95Save $8.23
- $18.82 Was $23.31Save $4.49
- $12.08 List price $14.99Save $2.91
- $13.68 Was $15.99Save $2.31