P.S.: Further Thoughts from a Lifetime of Listening
Check out these related products
- $17.11 List price $18.95Save $1.84
- $10.61 List price $18.95Save $8.34
- $14.01 List price $18.95Save $4.94
- $23.40 List price $29.95Save $6.55
- $13.82 Was $14.71Save $0.89
- $16.11 List price $18.95Save $2.84
- $14.15 List price $14.95Save $0.80
- $10.82 Was $12.09Save $1.27
- $15.88 List price $16.95Save $1.07
- $10.47 Was $12.49Save $2.02
- $12.53 List price $14.99Save $2.46
- $15.09 List price $15.95Save $0.86
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, New Press, 2008, ISBN13 9781595584236, ISBN10 1595584234
The Pulitzer Prize-winning oral historian and nonagenarian makes a selection of his favorite unpublished writings, broadcasts, and interviews.
Millions of Studs Terkel fans have come to know the prizewinning oral historian through his landmark books--""The Good War," Hard Times, Working, Will the Circle Be Unbroken?," and many others. Few people realize, however, that much of Studs's best work was not collected into these thematic volumes and has, in fact, never been published. "P.S." brings together these significant and deeply enjoyable writings for the first time.
The pieces in "P.S." reflect Studs's wide-ranging interests and travels, as well as his abiding connection to his hometown, Chicago. Here we have a fascinating conversation with James Baldwin, possibly Studs's finest interview with an author; pieces on the colorful history and culture of Chicago; vivid portraits of Studs's heroes and cohorts (including an insightful and still timely interview with songwriter Yip Harburg, known for his "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime"); and the transcript of Studs's famous broadcast on the Depression, the very moving essence of what was to become "Hard Times,"
A fitting postscript to a lifetime of listening, "P.S." is a truly Terkelesque display of Studs's extraordinary range of talent and the amazing people he found to talk to.
|Number of Pages:||230|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Perseus Distribution Services|
|Publication Date:||November, 2008|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.25 x 0.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.22 List price $26.00Save $9.78
- $10.71 List price $18.00Save $7.29
- $18.98 List price $27.95Save $8.97
- $8.92 Was $11.98Save $3.06
- $44.20 List price $58.00Save $13.80
- $9.78 Was $10.40Save $0.62
- $9.75 List price $16.00Save $6.25