About this item
Keeps termites away up to 5 years in areas treated*! Use around home foundations, wooden structures, decks, fence or mailbox posts, wood piles and stored lumber. Available sizes: 16 oz. Bottle, 32 oz. Bottle (*not in MA, NY and RI).
Ortho Home Defense MAX Termite & Destructive Bug Killer Concentrate (Trenching), 32 oz:
- Overview and Benefits:
- Available sizes:
- 16 oz. bottle, 32 oz. bottle
- How to Use:
- See package for details on how to create a barrier against termites outdoors (trench treatment)
- Apply against home-invading pests, apply as a wood treatment application, and apply as a perimeter treatment application
- When to Apply:
- Use as a preventive treatment to create a barrier, keeping termites out
- How Often to Apply:
- Reapplication for subterranean termites should only be made when there has been a disruption of the chemical barrier in the soil due to construction, excavation, landscaping, etc
- Reapplication should be made as a spot treatment to those areas. Annual reapplication of the entire premises must be avoided
- Where to Use:
- Foundations, wood piles, fences, tree stumps and stored lumber.
- Where Not to Use:
- DO NOT treat structures that contain cisterns, wells, French drains or sump systems
- Soil in the vicinity of wells, cisterns or ponds should not be treated
- For those situations, contact your County Cooperative Extension Agent or consult a commercial pest control service
- DO NOT treat soil that is water saturated or frozen, or in any conditions where run-off or movement from the treatment area (site) is likely to occur
- DO NOT apply while it is raining
- DO NOT use on pets
- DO NOT use on edible or ornamental plants
- Spray drift onto these plants should be rinsed off immediately with water.
- Coverage Area:
- 16 oz bottle: For termites- makes 5 gallons and treats up to 37.5 linear feet
- For broadcast insects- makes 32 gallons and treats 5,300 square feet
- 32 oz bottle: For termites- makes 10 gallons and treats up to 75 linear feet
- For broadcast insects- makes 64 gallons and treats 10,600 square feet
- Special Instructions:
- Not available in NY, MA and RI
- What It Controls:
- Insects: Termites, Ants (including carpenter ant, red harvester, pavement, odorous pyramid, argentine and pharaoh), carpenter bees, beetles, boxelder bugs, centipedes, chiggers, crickets, earwigs, firebrats, fleas, German cockroaches, house flies, hornets, millipedes, scorpions, silverfish, sowbugs, spiders (including black widow and brown recluse), springtails, ticks, wasps, wood destroying beetles and yellow jackets.
- Kills Termites (including Subterranean), Carpenter Ants, Carpenter Bees, wood infesting beetles and other wood destroying insects.
- Active Ingredients:
- 2.4% Bifenthrin
- This is not the product label, always read and follow the product label before use
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||15.11|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||4.75 x 2.43 x 9.88|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA|
|Origin of Components:||USA|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.