Online Counseling: A Handbook for Mental Health Professionals
Check out these related products
- $127.88 List price $141.00Save $13.12
- $191.05 Was $199.95Save $8.90
- $107.46 Was $116.00Save $8.54
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Academic Pr, 2010, ISBN13 9780123785961, ISBN10 0123785960
"Online Counseling" gives practical insight into how professionals can translate and extend their practice to the electronic online medium. The volume provides an overview of current research on the use and effectiveness of counseling online and data on the idiosyncrasies of online behavior and communication. The practical aspects of and skill sets required for counseling online are discussed at length, as are technological, ethical, legal and multicultural issues, treatment strategies, and testing and assessment.
* Foreword by Morgan Sammons and Patrick DeLeon, past president of the American Psychological Association
* The first comprehensive textbook designed to give clinicians and mental health students everything they need to understand and start providing mental health services via the Internet
* Each chapter includes study questions and key terms, making it ideal for use in graduate or continuing education settings
* Includes clear and comprehensive chapters on research and technology related to online counseling
* Contributors include past, present, and elected presidents of the International Society for Mental Health Online (ISMHO), the Inernet's leading resource for professionals interested in online counseling and other methods of delivering mental health services via the Internet
|Number of Pages:||290|
|Author:||Kraus, Ron , Speyer, Cedric , Stricker, George|
|Series Title:||Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional|
|Publication Date:||December, 2010|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.50 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.80 List price $28.00Save $11.20
- $9.18 List price $16.00Save $6.82
- $19.00 List price $27.95Save $8.95
- $10.23 List price $15.95Save $5.72
- $9.94 List price $15.00Save $5.06
- $17.13 List price $27.99Save $10.86