Similar items in stock
- $15.00 List price $39.99Save $24.99
Nintendo 3DS Midnight Purple
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
This Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS includes two screens. The bottom touch screen makes use of a telescoping stylus that is stored in the portable game system itself. The top screen displays 3D visuals to the naked eye — looking at the screen is like peering through a window into a world where characters and objects have true depth. The Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS also has a 3D Depth Slider that lets players select the level of 3D they enjoy most on this portable video game console. The 3D effect can be ratcheted up to the highest level, scaled back to a more moderate setting or even turned off completely, depending on the preference of the user. It also features inward-facing and dual outward-facing cameras, along with gyro and motion sensors for the ultimate gaming experience.
Midnight Purple Nintendo 3DS:
|Video Game Platform:||Nintendo 3DS , Nintendo DS & DSi|
|Manufacturer:||Nintendo of America Inc.|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||CTRSUAAA|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||2.40 x 9.96 x 6.61 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, you can. But not in the traditional way that you used to play games via cartridges. The difference is that you will have to download the games for Gameboy and Gameboy Advance from the Nintendo eShop. These are electronic versions of the games and not the older cartridge versions. So, in other words if you or your son has a lot of older cartridge based Gameboy or Gameboy Advance games sitting around at home, you CANNOT play them on the 3DS since there is no cartridge slot for these games. You will have to buy the electronic versions of the same games from Nintendo. You can do this right on the 3DS system using a WiFi connection. You will need a router to take advantage of the 3DS wireless features. Fortunately, all or most of the older Gameboy and GBA games are cheap in electronic form and only about $3-4 for most games. Not every game is available, however, but more are released about once a week. Keep this in mind. And in the meantime, you can sell all your old cartridge Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games on eBay to get money for the electronic download versions.by CoolGuyBri11/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to Nintendo.com: Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi games will be displayed in 2D graphics. Select Nintendo DS games that use accessories in the Game Boy Advance slot of the Nintendo DS system are not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS system.by L19858/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you canby noirbunny10/12/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- My 9 year old is not graceful. But, he's been doing fine with this one. His last DS we got him the Nerf foam cover. If you're concerned about breakage, I'd recommend getting that along with the 3DS, it's all compatible.by TheLuckywife9/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, and no. Yes, it is durable to a point of normal everyday use as long as you use it without being too rough with it. And no, it will not tolerate too much abuse if your kid is rough or is careless. If he drops things alot, leaves things where they shouldn't be. or is overly rough with things, you might want to think twice. At least consider buying an extended warranty with accidental handling coverage. This way, if it does break at the hand of your kid, it will most likely be replaced. Check with the store and read the fine print before buying an extended warranty to see what is covered and what isn't in terms of accidental damage.by CoolGuyBri8/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I think it's pretty durable. I got it for my 6 yr old daughter for her birthday; she loves it!by babyshedevil8/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. My son had a DSi and now has the 3DS. He plays his old Pokemon game on his new console all the time. But, I don't think it works the other way around. I don't think you can use 3DS games on the old consoles.by TheLuckywife10/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you canby noirbunny8/6/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes; most dsl games should be playable if not all of them :).by pmtv9/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?