The conflict in Ninja Gaiden 3 centers around a masked man whose motivations and goals only become clear as players fight through the unfolding story. Through the curse forced upon him by The Regent of the Mask manifested through his arm, Hayabusa finds himself changing - forever blurring the line between hero and villain. For the first time in the history of the franchise, online co-op and competitive multiplayer modes add a completely new dimension to the Ninja Gaiden experience. Players can step into the shadowy world of the ninja and fight against all challengers to draw closer to the ultimate ninja, Ryu Hayabusa, or participate in two-player cooperative play. Up to eight players can battle in versus combat as well, including the ability to form teams for four-on-four matches - with the treacherous possibility of switching teams in the midst of a match. New challenges, characters, and missions await those who choose to join the Shadows of the World online!
- Cutting Down your Enemy: Through new gameplay mechanics and presentation, players will feel what it's like to cut through an enemy's flesh and bone, along with the consequence that comes with it.
- A Hero Unmasked: With a new story and new characters, players will learn more about Hayabusa's past and present life than ever before. Once seen only as a mindless killing machine, players will unravel layers of their hero as they see his motivations and learn about the man behind the mask.
- High-Octane Ninja Action: Built upon the same intense action that the series is renowned for, Ninja Gaiden 3 challenges players while still remaining accessible for players new to the franchise.
- Online Action: A rich and challenging set of online modes have been implemented, giving players the option to play cooperatively or competitively. New challenges, characters and missions await those who choose to join the Shadows of the World online!
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, and Intense Violence