Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens features VR image Stabilization f/4.5-5.6G, AF-S, IF-ED (#2161)
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$1,797.99 List price $2009.99Save $212.00
- Reduced Price$949.99 List price $1099.99Save $150.00
- Reduced Price$526.95
- $496.95 List price $599.95Save $103.00
- Reduced Price$596.95 List price $699.95Save $103.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens approximates the picture angle performance of a 105-450mm model on a 35mm SLR. Two Nikon Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements deliver superior optical performance. Vibration Reduction (VRII) on this Nikkor zoom lens minimizes the effects of camera shake so you can shoot handheld at as many as four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible. Internal Focus (IF) on this Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens features VR Image Stabilization f/4.5-5.6G, AF-S provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens. A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables the Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens to have fast and quiet auto focusing, along with quick switching between auto focus and manual operation.
Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens, VR image Stabilization:
- 4.3x, 70-300mm telephoto zoom (picture angle, when used with Nikon DX format digital SLRs is equivalent to a 105-450mm on a 35mm format SLR)
- The Nikon zoom lens features VR image Stabilization f/4.5-5.6G, AF-S, IF-ED (#2161) VRII minimizes camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops faster. Normal and Active modes are available
- Two ED glass elements on this Nikkor zoom lens
- The SWM enables fast and quiet autofocusing of the Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm Lens, and smooth switching between autofocus and manual operation
- Two focus modes are available - M/A and M
- The IF design provides a constant lens length and eliminates rotation of the front lens element, facilitating the use of circular polarizing filters
- Nikon zoom lens features VR image Stabilization f/4.5-5.6G, AF-S, IF-ED (#2161) features a nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening
|Camera Lens Type:||Tele, zoom|
|Focal Length:||70 mm - 300 mm , 105 - 450mm|
|Optical Zoom:||4.3x , Y|
|Mount Type:||Nikon F|
|Fabric Content:||100% Fabric|
|Focus Type:||Automatic, manual|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||2161|
|Accessories Included:||Lens hood, dust cap, lens cap, carrying pouch|
|Minimum Aperture:||F/32 - f/40|
|Assembled Product Weight:||2.16 Pounds|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.60 x 3.00 x 3.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- This depends on how big you want you subject to be! If you want to zoom in on your friend's eye you can do that close up, but if you are shooting a football game from the sidelines with a small amount of editing you can get a clear close up shot of the action across the field from you!by Runner20122/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I use it just fine with my Nikon D5000.by NJPics3/22/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The truth is a little more complicated than the person below me stated. It does magnify your photo by 1.5, but as far a physics go it doesn't What it is actually doing is cropping the center out of the picture the lens presents which has the effect of making the image look magnified. However, the other benefits of a long lens don't carry across. One example is called compression. A long lens makes everything look like it's on the same focal plane. Think of a movie, where you have a caravan of Army trucks or something but they all look the same size and look exactly the same distance away even though they have to be 20-30 yards behind each other. That's the telephoto lens compression. Since the body only crops the image it doesn't offer the same compression. The benefits of the crop sensor camera are that you get a cropped picture without losing any megapixels. Great for sportsby ElGordo6/11/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You will experience a greater zoom with the D5000 than other Nikon DSLRs because of the crop factor. Essentially, when you use a lens that is compatible with an FX or Full Frame camera, the lens will increase magnification by 1.5 times. Here are details from Nikon's website, http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/lens/af/zoom/af-s_vr_zoom70-300mmf_45-56g_if/index.htm To wrap up, you will actually be getting a 105-450mm lens for the price and I'm not kidding, when used with a DX format Nikon DSLR.by nbreyno4/6/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I HAVE A D90 BUT I'M ALMOST POSITVE IT WILL WORK ON THE D5000. I'VE TAKE PICTURES FROM ONE END OF A SOCCER FIELD (100 YDS AWAY) AND THEN CROPPED THE PICTURE AND STILL GOT A SHARP RESULT. THE PIC IS BELOW.by POPS155/3/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes this does in fact work with a D90. That is the camera that I have and I use this lens almost every time I photograph sporting events.by Runner20127/22/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this lens works perfectly with the D90. As a matter of fact, any DX format lens works on the D90 along with a few other older lensesby photographyhobbist7/28/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. I use this lens on a D90 as well. Works great.by shopr977/17/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by MFKinTX7/1/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Nikon Nikkor 70-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens features VR image Stabilization f/4.5-5.6G, AF-S, IF-ED (#2161) Nice lens by it from another companyby Nikoboy5911/27/2009Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $496.95 List price $599.95Save $103.00