For those who are saying they can't download the drivers, here's how to do it and install them in a few easy steps.
(NOTE: Most of the Refurbished versions of this item were simply returned because the previous buyer did not know how to set it up.)
1) First of all, DO NOT PLUG the adapter in to your computer until you download and install the drivers. If you do, Windows will auto-install the driver. It may work OK, but without the Netgear Configuration Genie, which is better than Windows Wireless Auto-Config.
[NOTE: If you DO plug it in first and Windows automatically installs the driver, UNINSTALL THE DRIVER FIRST. Make sure you keep the Netgear USB plug UNPLUGGED until you have installed the Netgear Driver and Configuration Genie!]
2) Go to the Netgear website, USING THE LINK SHOWN BELOW to get Version 2 of the Driver:
[Version 2 is better. It includes the right drivers for all Windows versions
plus a Configuration Genie. HIGHLY SUGGESTED!!]
You will probably have to highlight and copy the link and paste it into your browser's address bar. If you have the Google Toolbar installed, you may be able to highlight and click on the link instead.
WNA3100 Software Version 22.214.171.124 includes:
Win 7 32/64 bits driver version: 126.96.36.199
Win Vista 32/64 driver version: 188.8.131.52
Win XP/XP x64 driver version: 184.108.40.206
PLUS Netgear's Configuration Genie, which
works better than Windows Wireless Auto-Config
3) When you use the link shown above, it will give you a pop-up window, asking you to register and will ask for the serial number. YOU DON'T NEED IT! It is blacked out on the Refurbished item. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER IT, just click on the "Continue without registering" link in the lower right-hand corner of the pop-up window.
4) You should then see a download window which says in the Title Bar,
Choose "Save File". Go to your Downloads window (if you don't see it, go to the Tools menu on most browsers) or if your browser asks you where to save it, go to your download folder.
5) Use WinZip or the built-in Windows Cab file opener (just double-click the file), named:
6) You can simply click on the single file, named "Setup.exe", in the WinZip or Windows Explorer Compressed File window OR you can extract to the location of your choice, then double-click it.
7) Depending on your Security Settings, you may get a Caution or Warning about software from unknown sources, etc.
DON'T WORRY, IT'S OK!
Just click Yes or OK for any and all prompts that come up.
8) The Set-Up process will begin. Eventually, you will be told to Plug your Netgear Adapter USB plug in to your computer. Then follow the instructions to use "Push Button" method to configure it for your Wireless Router and connect the adapter to your computer.
(It will give you clear, easy-to-understand instructions on what to do. Do exactly as it says.)
9) Your adapter should now be installed, configured and connected.
NOW, WASN'T THAT EASY? (.....No, I don't work for NetGear.)
I'm just an old retired IT Professional who saw that lots of people were having problems because there is no CD or Instructions included with this product and the NetGear website doesn't provide a lot of help.
This Wireless Adapter works fine and really is a bargain, if you just follow the 9 Easy Steps Shown Above.