Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Radiant Heater
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Radiant Heater provides heat wherever you need it. This innovative, transportable, indoor-safe heater features an easy-start, four-position control. It has a built-in piezo Ignitor and Hi/Lo temperature settings. It has a safety system that shuts the unit off should it be tipped over. The fold-down handles make it easy to carry from one area to another as needed. This portable radiant heater has a range of approximately 200 square feet to heat those chilly areas of your home.
Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Radiant Heater:
- Low-oxygen ODS
- Tip-over shut off system to provide safe, reliable heat anytime, anywhere
- Fold-down handles
- Mr. Heater radiant heater has large heating surface that directs radiant heat and covers approximately 200 sq. ft.
- 4,000 - 9,000 BTU/Hr. temperature settings, and limited 1-year warranty
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||9.9|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||7.5 x 13.25 x 14.75|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. can i connect this heater to a 20lbs cylinder? and if so where can i purchase the hose and regulator? are the hose and regulator sold seperatly?
- Yes you can connect it to a 20lb cylinder. I also run mine on a 100lb cylinder. This unit has a built in regulator. I know that Lowes, Home Depot and other hardware stores carry the hoses. I am not sure if Walmart has them in store, but you may be able to buy it online. Mr. Heater recommends that you use a disposable fuel filter when connecting to a remote cylinder. I have three Mr. Heater Buddy Heaters and have never used the filter.by ikuriakos11/28/2015Was this answer helpful? (32) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Here are two numbers for hoses you need: F271803 This connects to the quick connect. There is place place where you connect canisters and on one side there is a quick connect. This hose comes with a regulator. Hose is 12 foot long. F273704 connects to the same place you connect a canister. It does not need a regulator because it connects to the Big Buddy internal regulator. NEITHER NEEDS A FUEL FILTER. But you can use other hoses that will need a fuel filter that you must change once a year. This is 10 foot long. Both can be ordered from Mr. heater dot com or Northern Tool dot com if Walmart doesn't have them. At least you can see what they look like on the other sites.by Vistagraphs11/28/2015Was this answer helpful? (33) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Kit is avaliable but tank shouldn't come in the house.by haiing11/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (9) (6)Was this answer helpful?
- i've seen a model that comes with the hose for the 20lb propane heater.by cnova11/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- The instructions state that only a 1 lb cylinder should be used. I wouldn't be brave enough to defy that recommendation. We did find that on the high setting, the 1 lb bottle lasted almost 4 hours.by MOMMAto3Bs11/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (11) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Definitely! Here's an all-in-one high-pressure hose and bulk tank connector: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-5-Hose-Connects-Appliance-to-Bulk-Tank/10899099 Here are a few examples of the hose you can use to connect to a bulk tank, but a bulk tank adapter will also be needed. If the above is sold out and you need it fast, this is another option: I have two, similar to this Stansport brand, only in 8ft length: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-10-Hose-Connects-Appliance-to-Distribution-Post/10899100 Coleman brand: http://www.walmart.com/ip/COLEMAN-8-PROPANE-HOSE/13848690 And, to go along with the high pressure hoses is the bulk tank adapter. I also have one of these: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-Type-1-QCCI-Adapter/10899098 Here's a bulk tank "tree" which allows connection of multiple hoses and a propane lantern on top, which connects directly to the bulk tank. I've used a Coleman brand, similar to this one, for nearly 25 years to connect a heater, lantern and propane camp stove: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stansport-Distribution-Post-2-Piece-3-Outlet-Distribution-Post/10899101 ...and, another: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Distribution-Tree-2-Piece/13848693 Using any of the above to connect to bulk propane cylinders will save you a ton over buying the disposable cylinders, and give very long run times for these smaller propane appliances. You do need to consider how much you will actually use these items, but if used frequently and/or for extended periods this may be a very good choice for you.by SearchingForTheGoodStuff11/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (32) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to the Camping World description you can...and you guessed it.. the hose is sold separately. LOLby KRART1/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Propaneby ikuriakos11/21/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- Propane or LPG. Use eithe one pound canisters or 20 pound tanks.Can be used safely indoors, but the tank must be kept outdoors.by Vistagraphs10/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Starter switch sparks and ignites the propane. Just like your outside griller. And remember; cold propane is harder to light.by haiing10/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- D batteries, either 2 or 4 batteriesby cnova11/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (20)Was this answer helpful?
- This burns propane. A typical bottle (like what you would use for a lantern or camp stove) lasted us about 3.5/4 hours on high.by MOMMAto3Bs11/10/2015Was this answer helpful? (8) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- propaneby matthew9111/23/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- This runs neither on battery nor electric. The control knob generates a spark which lights the propane.by ikuriakos11/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (10) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Neither. It runs on LPG also called Propane.by Vistagraphs7/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Sparks the propane just like your outdoor grill.by haiing11/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i believe its D batteries.by cnova11/29/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (15)Was this answer helpful?
- This runs by burning propane.by MOMMAto3Bs1/4/2015Was this answer helpful? (5) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- neither its powered by propaneby matthew9111/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?