Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 2
Rated 4 out of 5 by ALDeerHunter Best thing out there
I have 20+ trail cameras for deer hunting. This tripod is the best thing out there. It is very flexible and easy to use. Most trail cameras have an area at the bottom to screw directly to this tripod. You can then rotate the camera in any direction. There is a level to help you make sure the tripod is sitting straight. There are holes in the feet at the bottom so that you can secure the tripod to the ground. (I use tent stakes to make sure the wind does not blow it over) It also comes with a separate backing for those cameras that can not be directly screwed into the tripod. The negatives; the paint fades and gets all over your hands after a year or so and the metal surfaces that are not aluminum rust and become difficult to adjust. The feet are made of aluminum and I have broken them off when they are secured to red clay and become embedded in the soil. But at the Wal*Mart pricing and great shipping/service; you can not beat them. (And I have tried at least 6 other brands)
Rated 5 out of 5 by kdaAZ Very Pleasantly Surprised -- Moultrie Camera Tripo
My Moultrie Game Camera Tripod Mount arrived today and I was blown away. I was not expecting something this well made and this well thought out.
1. The top of the tripod has a built in leveling bubble. Was not expecting that nicety.
2. Feet on the end of each tripod leg have both holes and a nice flange so you can either spike the legs in place or use stones or bricks on the flanges (or both) to help hold the legs to the ground so the camera and tripod is not likely to blow over.
3. Center column has a hook on the bottom where one can hang a bag of sand or other weight to hold tripod to the ground and in place.
4. Each leg has two extension mechanisms and the center column has a decent elevator mechanism so it adjusts over a very nice range of heights. Should meet any reasonable need.
5. The ball head mechanism, while not Manfroto quality, is way better than I expected and will be quite adequate for trail camera use.
6. The metal L shaped frame to which you actually mount the camera is heavy steel with a solid tripod screw receptacle. And it has lots of holes for attaching any trail camera plus it comes with two quality bungee straps for quick attachment.
For $50, there is absolutely nothing about this camera mount that I dislike or can quibble about. Just a very nice surprise.
Finally, Walmart shipped it to my home for a very minor additional fee and it came quickly.
I actually had no thought about coming back and writing a review until I had the unit unpacked and realized what a great bargain this was. I wanted to let others know.