Customers also viewed these products
- $15.90 Was $17.28Save $1.38
- $8.47 List price $14.95Save $6.48
- $12.57 Was $17.57Save $5.00
- $10.75 Was $12.12Save $1.37
Check out these related products
- $13.10 List price $19.98Save $6.88
- $12.43 Was $13.76Save $1.33
- $10.66 List price $15.00Save $4.34
- $9.87 List price $14.99Save $5.12
- $14.67 Was $16.89Save $2.22
- $9.00 List price $16.00Save $7.00
- $11.74 Was $13.51Save $1.77
- $16.18 List price $21.99Save $5.81
- $11.59 Was $12.99Save $1.40
- $18.99 Was $20.42Save $1.43
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Grand Central Pub, 2012, ISBN13 9781455502752, ISBN10 1455502758
On June 8, 2010, while on a book tour for his bestselling memoir, "Hitch-22," Christopher Hitchens was stricken in his New York hotel room with excruciating pain in his chest and thorax. As he would later write in the first of a series of award-winning columns for Vanity Fair, he suddenly found himself being deported "from the country of the well across the stark frontier that marks off the land of malady." Over the next eighteen months, until his death in Houston on December 15, 2011, he wrote constantly and brilliantly on politics and culture, astonishing readers with his capacity for superior work even in extremis.
Throughout the course of his ordeal battling esophageal cancer, Hitchens adamantly and bravely refused the solace of religion, preferring to confront death with both eyes open. In this riveting account of his affliction, Hitchens poignantly describes the torments of illness, discusses its taboos, and explores how disease transforms experience and changes our relationship to the world around us. By turns personal and philosophical, Hitchens embraces the full panoply of human emotions as cancer invades his body and compels him to grapple with the enigma of death.
MORTALITY is the exemplary story of one man's refusal to cower in the face of the unknown, as well as a searching look at the human predicament. Crisp and vivid, veined throughout with penetrating intelligence, Hitchens's testament is a courageous and lucid work of literature, an affirmation of the dignity and worth of man.
|Number of Pages:||104|
|Author:||Carter, Graydon , Blue, Carol , Hitchens, Christopher|
|Primary Shelf ID:||582797|
|Publisher:||Grand Central Pub|
|Publication Date:||September, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 8.00 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.47 List price $27.99Save $9.52
- $9.51 Was $10.11Save $0.60
- $22.09 List price $35.00Save $12.91
- $9.75 Was $11.43Save $1.68
- $16.65 List price $27.99Save $11.34
- $11.76 List price $19.99Save $8.23
- $15.63 List price $22.00Save $6.37
- $9.72 Was $11.26Save $1.54
- $16.61 List price $24.99Save $8.38
- $8.51 Was $10.18Save $1.67
- $9.12 List price $14.99Save $5.87
- $9.52 List price $13.00Save $3.48