Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance takes the renowned Metal Gear franchise into exciting new territory by focusing on delivering an all-new action experience unlike anything that has come before. Combining world-class development teams at Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance brings two of the world's most respected teams together with a common goal of providing players with a fresh synergetic experience that combines the best elements of pure action and epic storytelling, all within the expansive MG universe. The game introduces Raiden as the central character; a child soldier transformed into a half-man, half-machine cyborg ninja, equipped with a high-frequency katana blade and a soul fueled by revenge.
- The latest Metal Gear console experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
- New game design, the birth of a new type of MG experience: Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames together, MGR Revengeance offers a fast & fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the Metal Gear universe.
- Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology pushes the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
- 'ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
- Epic story in the vein of what MG is known and loved for: The game takes place after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4 where the world has fallen into chaos with cyborg crimes & terrorism running rampant in society. Delves into the continuing story of Raiden, a child-soldier turned cyborg ninja who's origins are connected to both Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, and Intense Violence