In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, players will compete in events that take place in environments based on the official venues of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Using a supporting cast of characters from the amazing worlds of both Mario and Sonic, gamers will be able to compete as or against a range of lovable personalities including Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Knuckles, Yoshi, Tails and more. Innovative usage of the Wii control systems to maneuver a favorite character will allow players to race the likes of Mario and Sonic down the 100m track, engage in exhilarating rallies in table tennis and churn water in a swimming heat, all while competing for the much sought after gold medal.
- Compete in stylized Olympic venues with authentic sports and events to choose from including track & field, archery, skeet shooting, table tennis, gymnastics and more.
- Select your favorite playing style from the all-star cast of Mario and Sonic characters with four player types to choose from: all-around, technical, speed, and power. For example: Mario (all-around), Peach (technical), Yoshi (speed), Bowser (power), Sonic (speed), Knuckles (power), Tails (technical), Amy (all-around).
- Game Modes: Try out each event individually with Single Match mode, compete for the highest overall score in a series of events in Circuit Mode, or take on challenges created specifically for each character in the Mission Mode. Up to four players can play together on the Wii.
- Unlock special Dream Events featuring environments, objects and power-ups from the universes of Mario and Sonic.
- Mii: Take your very own Mi into the action and compete alongside your favorite characters from Team Mario and Team Sonic.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Comic Mischief