About this item
Your shower setup wouldn't be complete without the Mainstays 72" Shower Rod. The patented Easy Hang technology makes for easy installation even on an irregular wall surface - requires not tools for its installation. The length of this curtain shower rod can be adjusted anywhere between 41 and 72 inches. With a heavy-duty construction, this rod ensures a lasting performance. With its rust and chip resistant finish, the heavy-duty shower rod requires less maintenance and protection.
Mainstays 72" Shower Rod
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.5|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||72.0 x 2.0 x 2.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- This rod is very sturdy steel, so the rod can handle a heavy curtain. But getting it strongly wedged between your walls might be a challenge. The older rods were sprung and used spring pressure to push against the walls, these new ones do not. You have to spread it out as hard as you can against the walls and then lock the rod at that width. So, if it is not pressing very hard against the walls, too much weight could pull it loose from the wall.by Aengus5/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I had a shower curtain hanging on it with the mesh pockets and it had tons of stuff in it. Probably about 10-15lbs. It kept falling down, this new design sucks. It might stay up better on brick, but I would not recommend it for the shower.by AnGiE146269/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- While I don't think that you could do pull-ups on this curtain rod, the mechanism seems pretty strong - and it will easily hold normal curtains or drapes without any issues at all.by jennrussia12/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- how much does a 2 shower curtain weight? they dont stay up with my rodby pdh891110/26/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This rod will hold very little weight. The design is such that you cannot get a snug fit. If you do get it to hang, it will fall eventually (within days for me) because you just cant adjust the length correctly.by bengalmom339/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 0,or the weight of air, provided it isn't foggy air, because there isn't enough tension.by fuwm9/2/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- this rod & hooks is not 4 u. it is made very cheap.by bvilleshopper31912/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- up to 72 inches.by RWins6/21/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no width for this rod. The Diamater of it is approximetly 1 1 1/2"-2" round.by Retta10/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- if you are asking about the diameter of the rod - not quite an inchby AllMac5/8/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 72 inchesby SatisfiedHappyGrandma5/8/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There are directions included. You extend the rod as much as you can, then twist the rod to lock it so it doesn't collapse again. Then you untwist the one end cap to tighten it to the wall.by DALAMA774/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hi, if you open the rod to the length you want holding it place and twist the 2 main parts to tighten - then holding the rod firmly there is one end where the plastic cupping turns and tightens so it gives you a solid fit - it is a 2 part process - first the main length of the rod twist it so it doesn't slide in or out and then the adjustable end for turns to adjust the tensionby AllMac4/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- You turn it like you unscrewing it.by nylatindoll2/14/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?