Similar items in stock
- $29.99 List price $49.99Save $20.00
- $46.79 List price $79.99Save $33.20
Magnavox HDD DVR and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner, 500GB
Check out these related products
- Clearance$6.11 List price $12.99Save $6.88
- Clearance$6.39 List price $12.99Save $6.60
- Clearance$7.27 List price $14.99Save $7.72
- Clearance$6.19 List price $12.99Save $6.80
- Clearance$6.97 List price $13.99Save $7.02
- Clearance$19.97 List price $39.99Save $20.02
- Clearance$6.10 List price $12.99Save $6.89
- Clearance$10.61 List price $21.99Save $11.38
- Clearance$6.98 List price $13.99Save $7.01
- Clearance$11.79 List price $23.99Save $12.20
- Clearance$6.51 List price $13.99Save $7.48
- Clearance$11.85 List price $23.99Save $12.14
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Record media in high resolution with the Magnavox 500GB HDD DVR and DVD Recorder. This HDD DVR and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner lets you watch, forward, rewind or freeze live TV while recording. With a hard drive capacity of 500 GB, you can put an end to disorganized drawers of VHS tapes by selecting media to watch in-menu. Featuring 1080p up-conversion, the Magnavox HDD DVR DVD Recorder provides faithfully high definition recording of your favorite shows or movies. Unlike TiVo, there is no monthly subscription fee and it functions much like a VCR. With 4-way dubbing and Dolby Digital stream out, the Magnavox 500GB HDD DVR and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner will become an indispensible part of your TV-watching regimen. A DV-input allows you to connect the device to other electronics for storage so that you can keep recording your favorite shows. If you're looking for a smart digital recording solution, consider buying the Magnavox 500GB HDD and DVD Recorder.
Magnavox 500GB HDD and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner:
- 1080p up-conversion
- Watch, forward, rewind or freeze live TV while recording
- Recording capacity of 500 GB
- 4-way dubbing
- Dolby Digital stream out
- Virtual Surround System
|Hard Drive Capacity:||500 GB|
|Is Remote Control Included:||Y|
|Contained Battery Type:||Carbon Zinc|
|Connector Type:||1 x FireWire|
|Video Output Resolution:||1080p|
|Volts:||110 V AC|
|Music Media Format:||DVD-RW , DVD+RW , CD-RW|
|Audio Track Codec:||Dolby Digital|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||MDR535H/F7|
|Number of Discs:||1|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||11.50 x 16.60 x 2.40 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes. See Subject 3.a CONNECTIONS in this list of help files... copy and paste this link text in your browser's address bar:: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575#post_12244086by wajo27/29/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has ant,. In and ant,. out or, you can use It for cable.by printpal11/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it has one rear RF input for antenna or basic cable channels 1 through 125.by SciFiAndMustangGuy10/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Both...Cable and antenna cords are the same but you have to change the settings for both becuase if its set as cable it wont work with antenna and visa versaby SNUGGIEreviews9/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- To the Ottawa Answerer: If you have the Mag on coax BEHIND the cable box, you've made the Mag a "Slave" to the box... it can only record whatever channel the box is tuned to. You should try the Mag 1st on the cable coax, then coax on to the box. Do an Auto Channel Preset > Cable (Analog/Digital), even if you subscribe to the lowest tier cable pkg. You might be surprised by hown many channels you can tune and record independently with the Mag, while watching a diff. channel thru the box's or TV's tuner. See Sketch 3 in this help file for info and instructions: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=12298409 New users with cable TV and a cable box: THE MAG SHOULD ALWAYS BE 1ST ON THE COAX EVEN IF ALL YOUR CHANNELS ARE SCRAMBLED! As explained in the help file link above, the coax circuit on the Mag is an amplified passthrough of the raw incoming signal so your box will not even know the Mag is there and will tune the same channels as it would w/o the Mag 1st on the coax. At least your Mag will not be "slaved" to the box and only able to record the single channel you set you box on! You can find out what channels the Mag might tune before you buy one by connecting the incoming cable coax directly to a TV with analog and digital tuners (a "modern" one) and do a channel scan in it. Whatever channels your TV can tune are the same channels this Mag will tune. I'm on cable with simple Extended Basic pkg and i get 56 analog and 33 digital/HD channels, including 2 ESPN's, all the major Networks, and many others like TNT-HD. All five of my Mags are daisy-chained together on the incoming coax in front of my TV (or cable box if I had one).by wajo211/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the connections are in the back. I have it connected to my digital cable box. Easy peasy.by OttawaOgdensburgShopper9/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. Here's the help file on Connections, with a pic of the back panel: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575#post_12298409 Click one of the links in my Review for an index of all the other info/help files.by wajo211/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, but you do have to manually program the shows you want to record just like you would with a VCR. You can set it to record the same time frame every day or every week on the same day or just one time.by SciFiAndMustangGuy10/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can record over the air broadcasts. There is no program guide you must subscribe to. You manually program the the recorder to record the desired channel at the desired time and day or date. Easier to program than most of my old VCRs were.by danb788810/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No! That is one of the great things about this DVRby Iget50MPGwithmyPrius10/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no, you just need input from what ever antenna source you have nowby Cindy6270710/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not at all if you use your own Over the Air TV antenna.by CMHOU10/4/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, if you can watch the show on TV you can record it and put it on DVDby JFFB10/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- NO. It does not have a program guide like a cable/sat DVR, so nothing else to pay for if on OTA antenna, or cable/sat subscription if on cable/sat.by wajo210/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this has a digital tuner and can record without the TV being on as long as it can get a signal from an antenna for the channel you want to record.by SciFiAndMustangGuy11/4/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it has a built in tuner and yes it can record without the tv being turned on.by KCinAR11/3/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it does. It has a single built in tuner that will record the new over the air digital as well as the old analog channels. The TV does not need to be on to record.by danb788811/3/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it has a tuner. Yes it will record without TV being onby Iget50MPGwithmyPrius11/3/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes the unit has a tuner. If you hook up the unit between your antenna or cable jack and the TV it will record without the TV being on. If your TV has multiple inputs you now have some choices to either watch what you are recording or watch somethings else while recording a different channel.by pcf4210/27/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, it has a tuner and records without the tv being on. i use it for that purpose every day. you have to manually set up the recording times, like with the old VHS recorders, but it is very easy to do and you have the option of setting up every day, every weekday, or every week recording schedules.by sillysand11/3/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it has NTSC/ATSC/QAM tuners for both antenna and cable TV. TV does not have to be on. Mag does not have to be on to do timer recordings. An index of info and help files is here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575#post_12244086by wajo211/3/2014Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products