Similar items in stock
- Rollback$29.99 Was $49.88Save $19.89
- Reduced Price$45.47 List price $66.32Save $20.85
Magnavox HDD and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner, 1TB
Check out these related products
- Clearance$6.11 List price $12.99Save $6.88
- Clearance$11.79 List price $23.99Save $12.20
- Clearance$13.74 List price $27.99Save $14.25
- Clearance$19.97 List price $39.99Save $20.02
- Clearance$7.01 List price $14.99Save $7.98
- Clearance$6.98 List price $13.99Save $7.01
- Clearance$6.19 List price $12.99Save $6.80
- Clearance$13.46 List price $26.99Save $13.53
- Clearance$7.27 List price $14.99Save $7.72
- Clearance$11.85 List price $23.99Save $12.14
- Clearance$6.10 List price $12.99Save $6.89
- Clearance$10.61 List price $21.99Save $11.38
- Clearance$6.51 List price $13.99Save $7.48
- Clearance$6.39 List price $12.99Save $6.60
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Record media in high resolution with the Magnavox 1TB HDD and DVD Recorder. This HDD and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner lets you watch, forward, rewind or freeze live TV while recording. With a hard drive capacity of 1TB, you can put an end to disorganized drawers of VHS tapes by selecting media to watch in-menu. Featuring 1080p up-conversion, the Magnavox HDD DVD Recorder provides faithfully high definition recording of your favorite shows or movies. Unlike TiVo, there is no monthly subscription fee and it functions much like a VCR. With 4-way dubbing and Dolby Digital stream out, the Magnavox 1TB HDD and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner will become an indispensible part of your TV-watching regimen. A DV-input allows you to connect the device to other electronics for storage so that you can keep recording your favorite shows. If you're looking for a smart digital recording solution, consider buying the Magnavox 1TB HDD and DVD Recorder.
Magnavox 1TB HDD and DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner:
|Is Remote Control Included:||Y|
|Audio Track Codec:||Dolby Digital|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||MDR537H/f7|
|Battery Type:||Carbon Zinc|
|Connector Type:||1 x FireWire|
|Video Output Resolution:||1080p|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||11.50 x 16.60 x 2.40 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Am I correct that 720p TV programs will only be recorded in 480p? Are there any true HD recorders out there?
- You can record H.d. with this machine. Through the antenna only you can do it. First find a show in H.D. then record it to the hard drive then use the hdmi out from the unit to your t.v. and switch the picture size on your t.v.to full.And you can burn the show from your hard drive that is in H.D. to dvd.record in hq or sp for best picture.Now when you play back the d.v.d that you recorded off the hard drive from your dvd player that has a h.d.m.i output or directly from the unit.just make sure the t.v picture size is on full size. I have recorded H.D. on it from a antenna and it came out good. And i burned the H.D. program to dvd and played it back using a regular D.V.D. player with the hdmi out to the t.v.by bob7379/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My experience so far (would like Wajo2's input on this# is that the Mag records OTA signals in the format it was transmitted #as anonymous indicated#. I checked the TV info screen as well as the mag info and it showed the same definition. But if recorded to disc, it went to 480p. Then you can use the progressive scan if your tv has the progressive scan option. The TVIX unit I replied on earlier in this post will record the full HD on its HD. Then you can put that digital file on your PC in full hd or in a network sharing server. But YOU ARE NOT creating a DVD in HD, only a digital file. The mag appears to record to its HD in full HD but there does not seem to be a way to transfer it to a digital file??? The TVIX will not play or write to a DVD as it has no player. So I use the TVIX for my network #NAS) audio/video head unit and the Mag for my cable DVR.by Shadowsix8/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Our experience has been that all 3 of our HDD recorders record and play back TV programs in whatever pixel level is sent. We record directly from an antenna and receive broadcast in 720 and 1080.by An anonymous customer8/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I didn't see any HD coming out of it. Because not enough HDMI for you to use. I had to use RCA wires and with them no HD.by Atassm8/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not have HD but there are different settings on this machine to record in HD. See if you can get a copy of the owners manual to see if it will answer you question more fully. You should be able to get it on line.iby Suz19518/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I bought the magnavox to replace the Cable DVR, but got this one for all OTA as it records it in HD and for all other media. You won't believe what it can do. Stores and Plays Blue Ray from dogotal files etc. DVICO TVIX PVR M-6620N Dual Tuner PVR with Wireless Network Media Player at mediaconceptusaby Shadowsix8/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, that is true. There may be one or two but you probably wouldn't like the Horrific price.by fredbillie8/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Mag can only record in 480i because the DVD Std requires it. The Mag's coax circuit is an amplified splitter. On one path, it will pass an HDTV (720p or 1080i) signal through its coax in/out circuit so downstream components will see HD, but anything going thru the tuner or line inputs (the recording circuits) will be downconverted to 480i. The Mag can upconvert the 480i to 720p, 1080i or 1080p but it will have started as 480i. Info and help files here... copy link text and paste in your browser's address bar: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575/0_10#post_12244086by wajo28/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- in reference to my original question, we have not been able to get all the channels to work on the component in either digital or analog. I have rescanned the presets under each of the 3 options. I did find out today that the set up at the complex works likes this... There are no boxes in the actual apartments (which is what I already stated) the way direct tv pumps the signals in is different than I would have suspected. They do not send the signals to one big box, then resent to the apartments. Instead they have a box for each channel the entire complex gets. i.e., box 10 sends only channel 10, box 5 sends only channel 5 etc. Is there anyone techy enuf to know if we should still be able to make this work?by KimOB8/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It could be different modulation standards. I believe from your explaination they are using an antenna combined with satellite. Try a cable scan, if the other channels show up clear it is because cable channels are slightly off from the real OTA numbers. A real TV may be able to handle the slight change, but a tuner like in the Magnavox might not.by mirayge8/16/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Unlike an antenna, DirectTV is NOT a broadcast service and your mom pays for their service as a part of her rent payment. As such, DirectTV controls bandwidth and content; hence, those premium channels are scrambled so that end users must either pay extra or, in some cases, purchase or lease from DirectTV or whomsoever they recommend, a Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and as long as the apartment building owners continue using DirectTV, only the providers equipment will work. My statements may not be 100% accurate buy, you should get the gist of it. Hope this helped.by An anonymous customer8/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You should be able to see all the TV channels but is not as good as changing the input to TV. It can be your hookups is the problem. I don't have this issue. Reconnect the unit. Swapping the input from recorder to TV is easy.by Atassm8/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- For the none HD channels try changing the recording-Play format to one of the lower available resolutions.by fredbillie8/4/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I suggest you visit this website: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575 and go to post 10: CONNECTIONS... CABLES... DIGITAL CLIFF Your setup is discussed, with diagrams. I found setup was tricky.by Mauer428/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Only things I can think of are: 1. You did the "wrong" type of channel scan #Preset#. 2. Defective un it. Since you have such an "odd" system... DirecTV like an antenna?... you might have done the wrong channel scan type. The Mag is not like a HDTV that scans all channels, both analog and digital, in one pass and integrates them in sequence in the tuner. Whatever scan type you selected might have been "wrong" for your peculiar system. I'd try the other type#s# of scans and see if it works better. Otherwise, return the unit? Normally, a system with both analog and digital channels, which are only on cable... antenna channels are ALL digital... will show a diff. between the old, 20th Century analog channels and the new digitals, but they shouldn't have lines and blurriness... just a noticeable lower quality.by wajo27/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. can you record directly from tv to dvd ,or do you have to go through the hdd and then dub to dvd
- I currently have the old Magnavox unit that was a VHS/DVD - capable of dubbing in both directions, and even on my unit, I can record directly to DVD. In fact, I use the DVD, and DVD+R discs to record my TV shows instead of the VCR for a few reasons. (1) I can "reformat" the discs just as I could erase a vhs and reuse them over and over, BUT, they do not break down anywhere near as quickly as actual magnetic tape of a VHS does. (2) If the show ends up being something I want to keep it is already on a DVD and can be played on other DVD units, or on computers, laptops, etc. (3) Using the DVD, I can go in and clip out commercials and such from anything I want to keep around for a while.by serloren4/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes you can record directly to dvd. it is recording from over the air (antenna), or line in from other devicesby donate2yourFireDept10/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can if it is not copy write protected.by sooooooohapy3/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you select the DVD button to record to, it will be recorded directly from the DVD recorder TV tuner to the DVD.by NormalWalmartCustomer10/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I've not tried this but the manual says you can. You have to insert your disc and pres the "REC MODE" button to switch it between HDD and DVD recording. And when you're setting up a timer to record, you can also pick your mode there as well.by pjhauser3/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Here are help files for recording to the HDD and direct to a DVD... copy link text and paste in your browser's address bar: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575#post_12298438 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showpost.php?p=12298483 Other info and help files are here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575#post_12244086by wajo28/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Can go directby Me13433/23/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also bought these products
- from $3.50
- Clearance$5.73 Was $7.77Save $2.04