Explore haunted mansions with Luigi! Guide clumsy Luigi through massive ghost-infested mansions across the Evershade Valley, each with their own distinct features and challenges, on an action-packed hunt for the pieces of the Dark Moon. Armed with the ghost-sucking Poltergust 5000 and other new gadgets, you'll have to capture ghosts, solve puzzles, and battle monster-sized bosses. Can you and Luigi build up the courage to save the day? The pieces of the Dark Moon are scattered therein, so you'll need to explore every ghoul-infested nook and cranny of each haunted mansion. Hope you don't spook easily!
- Luigi's Guide to Surviving Evershade Valley - Your quest to restore the Dark Moon will take you to mansions filled with ghosts to hunt and puzzles to solve. Here are some survival tips as well as the essential gear you'll need for a proper ghost hunt.
- The New and Improved Poltergust 5000! - With this super-powered vacuum cleaner, you can interact with almost every object in the mansions. Suck up window curtains and coins in hard-to-reach places, or use the blow function to make ceiling fans spin. Earn upgrades with the treasure you find in the mansions to make it more powerful as you progress. Oh - did we mention that it can capture ghosts???
- Shine a Light on the Situation - You can stun pesky ghosts with the Strobulb expansion for your Poltergust 5000, and reveal hidden illusions with the new Dark-Light Device. Both are crucial to making it through the mansions unspooked.
- How to Catch Ghosts - 1. Stun Them - Flash your Strobulb at the ghost to stop him in his tracks. 2. Vacuum Them Up - Use the Poltergust 5000 to vacuum up the stunned ghost's energy. 3. Drain Their Power - Once the number above the ghost's head reaches zero, he goes bye-bye!
- Solve Puzzles - These twisted mansions are teaming with blocked and locked doors. Thanks to the features of the Poltergust 5000, you can manipulate almost every object in the room. When in doubt, perhaps Professor E. Gadd can lend a helping hand...
- One of the clear-cut best games on the 3DS (Destructoid).
- 9.5 out of 10 (Destructoid).
- One of the best games on the 3DS (IGN).
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Crude Humor and Mild Cartoon Violence