About this item
Since its launch in October 2008, LittleBigPlanet has been widely praised and critically acclaimed with more than 80 industry awards worldwide, 15 of which have been for Game of the Year categories. To celebrate these achievements, the Game of the Year edition features LittleBigPlanets award winning Play, Create, and Share gameplay experience with 18 never-before-seen bonus levels created by LittleBigPlanet fans from around the world. These 18 amateur level designers were hand-picked by developer Media Molecule.
- 18 Never-before-seen Levels Created by The Fans Each creator was hand picked by developer Media Molecule based on previous levels that these enthusiasts created and shared online. Once identified, all 18 consumers were commissioned to design a completely new environment for the LittleBigPlanet world, allowing each fan to become an amateur video game developer. All bonus levels are readily available to consumers by selecting the "Bonus Level" in-game option.
- 7 Costume & Level Packs Each content pack provides a mix of goodies to expand SackBoys wardrobe, deliver new action packed gameplay, and offer a larger variety of Create materials. These Packs include Metal Gear Solid Level Pack featuring the Paintinator and six action-packed levels ($5.99), Metal Gear Solid Costumes ($5.99), Monsters Costumes ($2.99), Monsters Pack ($3.99), History Costumes ($2.99), History Pack ($3.99), and Animals Costumes ($2.99). All packs are priced as on the PlayStationStore.
- Access to ModNation Racers Online Beta Get a sneak peek at PlayStations newest Play, Create, Share experience ModNation Racers. Limited quantities of the LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year edition will include a PlayStation Network voucher code to download the upcoming online beta.
- Play. Create. Share. LittleBigPlanet allows players to not only play ready-made in-game levels, but to also create their own game levels and share them with others across the world via the PlayStation Network.
- Customized Experience Whether the player is a fashion designer, an architect, or aspiring video game developer, they can show their talents off with the easy-to-use creation tools to build unique levels that can be used as a presentation, an in-game fashion show, a photo album, or a creative homage to your pet. The power of creation is firmly in the players hands.
- Get Creative Players will have infinite amounts of stickers, decorations, materials (glass, metal, sponge, polystyrene, cardboard, and rubber), bolts (springs, motor, and wobble bolts), switches, and rods to choose from to create their unique game levels for fun or competitive gameplay.
- Personalize Your Levels Using the PlaystationEye, players can place their very own images within the levels for added personalization using the sticker and decorations tool.
- Endless Gaming Experience With more than 1,250,000 user generated levels published on the PlayStation Network, fans will never run out of exciting environments to explore.
- Online Multi-Player Mode Players can make Sack-buddies with other players across the world (also known as Happy Gadders) to discover LittleBigPlanet together while they Play, Create, and Share online.
- Social Networking Mode When players want to play published levels, they can search for levels that suit their skill and taste by player ratings, tags like Brilliant, Funny, Challenging, or they can read through player comments.
- Chat Functionality Players are able to commute with the lovable SackBoys emotes (happy, angry, etc), but additionally, there is in-game chat support to aid collaborative efforts&or to increase the level of competition!
- Trophy Support LittleBigPlanet supports a host of fun and challenging trophies to collect along the way.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Comic Mischief and Mild Cartoon Violence
|Genre:||Action & Adventure|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.4|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.25 x 1.25 x 7.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Yes, up to four players! You can play online or local.by jsoko898/11/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can play online with other people. If you have friends on the PSN, they show up on a friends list within the game, so they are easy to connect with. And if you aren't connected online, you can still play with other people just by using multiple controllers.by LucidTaint5/27/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yesby mackg2/17/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes both my girls play it together. They are able to play with two sock boys and work together on beating the levels.by olemissgirl20101/31/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can have up to 4 sackboys running around at onceby emp19811/10/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.by alliatwm1/5/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- up to 4 playersby bittersweettish1/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Not at the same time on the same console offline, but it can be played online with other players on different consolesby Barbarabelle12/16/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, multiple players can play this game. You can also play online with friends.by fcfirecat6612/16/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes more than one player can play this game. This game is made up to four players.by DIESEL369/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes LBP GofY is the same game but it includes all of the expansions you can buy off of PSN.by jsoko898/11/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes ma'amby bittersweettish1/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes.by GAMERCHIC001/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It includes extras that you can download for free if you PS3 has an internet connection. It is just the game with free downloads that you could purchase with the regular game and sold for a special lower price than the original gameby Barbarabelle1/2/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, it is the sameby fcfirecat6612/15/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- everything is the same except it gives you 30 dollars of additional bonus content such as costumes and I think some levels and so on.by bbgarnett12/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- LBP has everything the original version came with but ALSO contains a few other goodies which most notably include a LOT of DLC. DLC = Downloadable Content. After the original LBP was released extra portions and content for the game was released on PSN (playstation Network) to be downloaded. Ofcourse you had to pay for them. With LBP Game of the year edition you get all of that DLC content WITH it. No paying extra. Think of the extra content, or DLC as a LOT more to play including new levels, character, etc.by sirdanceal0t9/26/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The "Game of the Year Edition" includes seven previously released content add-ons, and developer Media Molecule hand picked 18 of its favorite user-generated levels for inclusion in the gameby Odoiel7/22/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Game of the Year edition starts you right out with a bunch of costumes packs and stickers and stuff.by emp19811/10/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- different/more costumes and stickersby bittersweettish1/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Includes free downloads and is sold for a lower price because the game has so many sales it became a special game of the year Editionby Barbarabelle1/2/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the game of the year edition contains the original game, plus a series of "DLC (DoanLadable Content", that were available for purchase on the playstation network. DLC includes levels, costumes, etcby teujip4/19/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The answer to your question is, almost nothing. The reason being is, it has the same data. The only real difference is they give you an extra $30 of content added to the game.by shadowlink29/26/2010Was this answer helpful? (5) (2)Was this answer helpful?