About this item
Explore books with your buddy Scout on the LeapFrog LeapReader Junior Book Pal! Using the same touch technology as the LeapReader" Reading System, LeapReader" Junior Junior helps little learners get ready to read while introducing reading basics and preschool skills with a lovable puppy friend.
A love of books starts long before children can read, and its benefits can last a lifetime. Using the same touch technology as the LeapReader and Tag System, the LeapFrog LeapReader Junior Book Pal with Scout is designed to encourage toddlers' natural desire to explore. Parents can download audio for up to five books (sold separately) for the book pal, and each Tag Junior board book introduces reading basics or different preschool skills such as letters, numbers and early vocabulary through 24 playful activities and more than 150 audio responses. Open-ended questions and fun sound effects on this LeapFrog Junior Book Pal encourages children to take charge, as they touch any part of any page to bring words, pictures or activities to life. And Scout can learn a child's name to make getting ready to read a personal experience! After their child has played, parents can connect the Tag Junior Book Pal to the free, online LeapFrog Learning Path to see their little one's progress and get printable activities to expand the learning fun!
LeapFrog LeapReader Junior Book Pal, Scout:
- LeapFrog Junior Book Pal helps little learners get ready to read while introducing preschool skills with a lovable puppy friend Appropriate for children ages 1 to 3 years
- The full LeapReader Junior library of more than 80 interactive books, puzzles, maps and more (sold separately) work with Tag Junior as well
- Tag Junior Book Pal holds audio for up to 5 books at a time. The books feature 24 playful activities and more than 150 audio responses to help reinforce the learning
- Parents can "teach" Scout their child's name to make the get-ready-to-read experience more personal
- LeapFrog LeapReader Junior Book Pal with Scout packaging and branding may vary
|Learning Platform:||LeapFrog Tag|
|Age:||3 - 4 Years , 12 - 24 Months , 2 Years|
|Skill Set:||Reading & Writing|
|Age Start:||12 Months|
|Age End:||4 Years|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||1.1|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||2.44 x 11.0 x 9.5|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||Imported|
|Origin of Components:||Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- it does come with an example book but I recommend buying a extra book or two the example one is not really a book my son loves the book called animals around the worldby Kay19911/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The book it comes with is only for advertising the books available to purchase.by gramshappy12/9/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- noby Mamabear4208511/26/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the Tag Junior Book Pal does come with a book: Explore Tag Junior with Scout and Violetby LeapFrog9/26/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. with buying this product do you still need the books? and do you have to still buy the tag pen as well?
- yes you still have to buy the books. you buy the books and the tag jr device and you activate your device at leapfrog.com once there they give you a library of all the books that work with your system and you only select the books you bought the system will only hold 5 books at a time though but you can always go back a switch the books up the device then will download the audio to the books you bought. once downloaded the child uses the books as it reads the story to themby Kay19911/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Tag Junior Scout Book Pal comes with an included sampler book, If I Were.., which has 16 activities and over 70 audio responses. You do not need to buy the Tag Reader, but may purchase seperately more Tag Junior Books.by LeapFrog1/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you still need the books unless you buy this in a bundle. No you do not need the pen this is the pen for younger children the tag pen is for older children.by melissa698512/23/2011Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This uses two triple A batteries. The battery compartment is easy to access.by Buggie491/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Two triple A batteries.by Buggie491/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- LeapReader Junior requires 2 AAA batteries.by LeapFrog7/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?