KILZ 2 PRIMER GALLON
Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$89.94 List price $121.55Save $31.61
- Reduced Price$96.69 List price $130.67Save $33.98
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$143.56 List price $194.82Save $51.26
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Kilz Primer makes an excellent base coat for when you want to paint. It's water-based, which means that it has less odor than oil-based primers. You can use Kilz 2 multi-purpose primer both indoors and outside. Priming a surface before you paint makes the topcoat adhere better, and it hides the previous coat so you get a truer color. It dries in about an hour, so you can start painting quickly after you finish your priming. The primer cleans out of your brushes with just soap and water for easy post-project clean-up. It blocks stains below from showing through. You can cover almost 400 feet with this gallon size.
Kilz 2 Latex Primer, 1 Gallon:
- Fast drying (1 hour)
- For interior or exterior use
- Multi-purpose primer
- Also a sealer and stain blocker
- Can be topcoated with latex-based paint
- Very mild odor
- Provides a mildew-resistant coating
- Ideal for color changes
- Easy soap and water clean-up
- 1 gallon of this latex primer covers up to 400 sq ft
|Fabric Content:||100% Multi|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||20041|
|Primary Shelf ID:||1067822|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.20 x 7.20 x 7.80 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Will Kilz cover and hide minor smoke damage from a kerosene heater that produced soot on the walls?
- No...do not use Kilz to cover smoke damage, use Zinsser BIN, or another Zinsser product. Do Not use Latex primer it will not cover.by 31ish12/26/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It will seal the smoke damage and allow the finish coat of paint to cover it.by DG10112/20/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Its a good idea to use Kilz - there are two things that determine what your paint job will be, the right paint for the job and the quality of your preparation. From the can it wrote: Blocks out most stains from water, rust, grease, ink, pencil, and felt marker. The direction on the can will show you how to prepare for your application, whether its, fire restoration, or something else, it shows how on the can. I use kilz a lot, it does work, you will be surprised how successful you can be.by Curious1243/3/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This product was just what I needed to do the job worked greatby Handmyat467/13/2016Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Hi sonny, Thanks for your question! After applying KILZ 2 Latex on wood as the primer, please allow to dry. If any wood bleed is present and shows strongly through the primer, a second coat of KILZ 2 might be needed. After the primer dries, you can topcoat with enamel paint. For a whiter finish, heavier duty primer, you can also consider KILZ Premium.by KILZProblemSolver3/4/2016Written by a verified representative from KILZProblemSolverWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I used the kilz on a black chest yesterday and today it is chipping. It has dried for about 10 hours. Why is it chipping.
- Thank you for contacting us and we are sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues. If the primer is chipping or "peeling" off the surface, then, it has not been able to adhere to that surface. Can you provide us more detail of what the surface condition is of the "black chest" you applied it on? Does it have a coating of some kind that the primer cannot bond to? KILZ 2 Latex and all our primers can be used on both oil based and water based paints. There are some chemical coatings that prevent primers (and paints) to attach properly. If you can provide us with a description of the surface coating or condition, we will provide you with our best assessment. Thank you again and we hope to hear your feedback.by KILZProblemSolver10/12/2015Written by a verified representative from KILZProblemSolverWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?