Rated 3 out of 5 by 5
Rated 4 out of 5 by MBJonesy Great truck with minor problems
The truck is great. It's really large and rugged. My kids love it.
Minor issues I had:
1) Every truck has a dent in the hood from packaging. My first one was so bad I returned it. My second wasn't as bad and I was able to fix it with a heat gun. Just warmed up the dent from the underside and pressed it back into place.
2) The hardware package and the instructions don't match. No problem until you go to install the doors. The screws they provide are to short and will not seat in the holes to hold on the doors. You will need extra screws.
3) The running lights on the top of windshield are so dim that you can hardly see them at night. the light bar is so bright, if the kid turns around at night they would get blinded. This is because the lights on the bar are at face level for kids in the truck.
4) The truck is expensive and doesn't even have a real radio like some of the cheaper cars.
5) The dump bed doesn't lift high enough to really dump anything. I would have been better without.
6) The doors don't open well, you have to really lift up on them to open or close. On a positive note, they don't open while driving like the police car does.
Overall I like the truck, I will be installing headlights and a switch to be able to shut off lights on role bar for driving at night
Rated 4 out of 5 by Mysmasken Nice truck
We have a real Dodge RAM 3500 diesel dual wheel, so when my husband saw this he could not resist.
Our daughter is 2,5 and the first day she could only drive it not steer, next day she started steering but only one way and on the evening of the second day she had figured it out.
I think she will enjoy this for a long time.
Like the previous reviewer said the hardware did not match what was listed in the book. A bunch of screws were missing and we got some extra with a funny flat hat on that were good for nothing.
We used screws we had at home.
We opened the package and it seemed like one of the front wheels were missing. It was actually tucked into the body of the truck.
The sounds are a little lame, and the doors are too hard for my daughter to open, which I guess can be positive so she stays in.
I can barely open the tailgate, and the dump feature is lame as it does not raise high enough to dump anything.
Other than those things we love it so far, it holds our towels when we drive to the pool ;) Daughter loves the on/off key and the doors (although she can't quite close them).
We are going to attach a safety belt on the passenger side so her little brother can ride with her.
Rated 1 out of 5 by BRTaylor We purchased the truck for our 2nd son's birthday. The assembly manuals do not match the truck parts. The hardware provided was not correct therefore we had to use our own screws. The cab lights on the truck never worked, the truck had several dents, within 24 hours the forward low gear and reverse stopped operating. We loaded the truck up, returned it and ordered a replacement.
The new truck had the same assembly issues as the first, the cab lights flickered, there were also numerous dents, within 72 hours the passenger side wheel drive stopped working and shortly after, the forward low gear and reverse stopped working again!
We loaded up the truck and returned it as well.
We have purchased 2 reliable Power Wheel ride-ons, 1 for almost 3 years and the other almost 6 years. Since the current ones are both going strong we will buy a 3rd!
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ckbwats JUNK
We purchased this truck in October of 2012 and actually purchased 2 trucks within 4 days of each other. After getting it put together and battery charged my kids (ages 1 and 2) rode it for a few hours and a cord came off the motor. Called walmart to see if we could swap out parts with another truck in stock and they said no, that we had to return and get another one. Took truck #1 back and got exact same one. With truck #2 we put it together and charged battery. Within an hr or less both cords came detached from motor. With the "kid trax" brand they for some reason have the motor and cords underneath the truck which we feel may have maked it easier for things to mess up.
The "power wheels" brand has the motor, cords etc. contained inside and hidden. After truck #2 messed up we returned and got our money back. We then purchased a power wheels brand ford f150 truck and have had NO problems.
Although some of the features the kid trax brand truck had were nice and we miss. We DON"T miss having to try and explain to 2 very young kids why we have to keep taking it back. Our luck with this brand was definitely not good and with this truck even being more expensive than the power wheels f150 i wouldn't recommend it bc it didn't hold up AT ALL or for even a full day of riding with either one we had.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nurse41687 My husband put the truck together and said he had
No big issues completing the task. The truck is awesome and our son loves it!! So glad we
Made the purchase!!!