Julia's Cats: Julia Child's Life in the Company of Cats
Check out these related products
- $19.94 List price $29.95Save $10.01
- $20.70 Was $27.14Save $6.44
- $33.89 List price $50.00Save $16.11
- $11.63 Was $12.95Save $1.32
- $17.38 List price $24.95Save $7.57
- $13.87 List price $18.95Save $5.08
- $14.15 List price $18.99Save $4.84
- $20.95 List price $24.95Save $4.00
- $12.69 List price $13.99Save $1.30
- $43.81 List price $60.00Save $16.19
- $12.54 List price $14.95Save $2.41
- $13.52 List price $14.99Save $1.47
- $22.47 List price $26.95Save $4.48
- $11.49 List price $13.99Save $2.50
- $11.80 List price $16.99Save $5.19
- $16.13 List price $17.95Save $1.82
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Harry N Abrams Inc, 2012, ISBN13 9781419702754, ISBN10 1419702750
The world knows Julia Child as the charismatic woman who brought French cuisine to America and became a TV sensation, but there's one aspect of her life that's not so familiar. Soon after the Childs arrived in Paris in 1948, a French cat appeared on their doorstep, and Julia recalled, "Our domestic circle was completed." Minette captured Julia's heart, igniting a lifelong passion for cats equaled only by her love of food and her husband, Paul. All the cherished feline companions who shared Julia's life--in Paris, Provence, and finally California--reminded her of that magical time in Paris when her life changed forever.
From Julia's and Paul's letters and original interviews with those who knew her best, Patricia Barey and Therese Burson have gathered fresh stories and images that offer a delightfully intimate view of a beloved icon.
Praise for "Julia's Cats"
"A cat-centric biography of Julia Child? Why not? The back book jacket quotes Child herself as saying, 'Really, the more I cook, the more I like to cook. To think that it has taken me 40 yrs. to find my true creative hobby and passion (cat and husb. excepted).' This book ably braids these three strands of Child's life. The many feline fanciers out there will surely enjoy the photographs of the cats, many taken by her husband, Paul Child." --"Chicago Tribune"
"It's clear that all the cats that passed through her life gave her joy and comfort, probably in ways that food and even Paul could not. Having that perspective of this grande dame makes her seem all the more human and wonderfully admirable to me." --"Epicurious"
"This compact, entertaining read is filled with personal photos and letters that document the role cats played in Julia's life as she moved from Paris to Provence, Cambridge to California." --"Shelf Awareness"
|Number of Pages:||143|
|Author:||Burson, Therese , Barey, Patricia|
|Publisher:||Harry N Abrams Inc|
|Publication Date:||August, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.00 x 0.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $8.47 Was $8.95Save $0.48
- $5.39 Was $7.82Save $2.43
- $10.13 List price $15.00Save $4.87
- $10.00 List price $15.99Save $5.99
- $8.93 Was $9.64Save $0.71
- $8.69 List price $9.99Save $1.30
- $8.83 Was $9.99Save $1.16
- $11.77 Was $12.49Save $0.72
- $6.39 Was $7.26Save $0.87
- $15.29 List price $19.95Save $4.66