Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System produces natural, swimmer-safe chlorine when natural salt is added to pool water. The Intex saltwater pool system is the perfect water sanitizing system for your swimming needs.
Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Sanitizing System:
- Easy to operate
- Intex saltwater pool system eliminates packaged chlorine
- Dramatically improves swimming comfort
- Intex Krystal Clear saltwater system works with any above-ground pool filter that can pump 700 gallons per hour or more
- Auto timer turns unit off after sanitation cycle is finished
- The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System has a self-cleaning cycle that further reduces your maintenance time
- Saltwater pool sanitizing system has a required flow rate of between 700 and 4000 GPH
The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System can be added to your above ground pool, regardless of its make. It can provide fresh, clean water with minimal effort and maintenance. This automated Intex Krystal Clear saltwater system uses inexpensive, all-natural salt to constantly maintain your pool's water in a fresh, clean, sparkling condition. And because salt does not evaporate, you don't have to continually add salt as you do with chlorine.
But does it feel like ocean water? Not at all! Because of the low salt level (one-tenth as much as ocean saltwater), this saltwater pool sanitizing system leaves your pool water feeling fresh, clean, and soft . This means that your skin, eyes, and clothes feel fresh and clean, as well. So, when you want to spend more time enjoying your pool and less time maintaining it, try the Intex saltwater pool sanitizing system.
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||21.15|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||16.0 x 13.6 x 14.0|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No you do not. I just wash my filter every few days.by lilcajun216/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It only generates the chlorine (same as adding the chlorine manually in regular pools). It does NOT make the filters last any longer.by StLouyMom6/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Your filter/pump system still works the same as before, it just has this system added between the filter and the input back into the pool, and you no longer add chlorine tabs. We are finding we need to change the filters as often as before we added the saltwater system.by Hippyshopper5/21/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I clean my filter with a hose and re-use it all summer.by MobileAdrien6/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would after the first two weeks just because of the set up and everything getting in the pool while setting it up and then after that I would just use a water hose to clean it out and probably replace it every month or son.by An anonymous customer6/13/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I have a 24x52, if I buy this system, do I use the pump that came with the pool or should I purchase a larger one?
- There was one year I had a prob with green water. It is important to put chemicles in the pool right before dark. I used 1 or 2 oz of OMNI Multi-Purpose Algaecide 60 (with no copper in ingrediants), and 5 minutes later add a few packages of Chlorine. THen I had to do a lot of scraping of the sides of the pool and I made sure I had a few new filters to use over the next few days until all the algea was gone and filtered out. (NOTE: I did not have the salt water chlornintor at that time). This year, I bought the 24x52 pool and the salt water system from walmart. My pool came with the 2500 gal pump and I have not had any problems with the water yet. Make sure the filter in ur pools pump is clean and has good flow. I usually have to change the pump filter at least once a week and usually have to clean the filter out with the water hose a couple times during that week in order to get good use out of the filter. It also may depend on how often u are running ur pump and sw chlorinator. U may need to run it more often to achieve better results. The first couple days I ran a boost on the sw chlorinator for 12 hours each night to get the copper ion levels up. And for normal use, I run it for 8 hours every night. And It has maintained clear water so far. Good luck.by dodgy226/22/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- don't know what size pump you have now . if it's not pumping over 1000 gals replace it . I use a 2500 gal pump works fineby rounded6/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would think that you need to add another pump to the one you have or replace the small pump with a larger pump then what came with pool.by bargainmomal6/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have purchased the Salt Water filter and is using the filter pump that came with my 24 x 52 pool. The pump is the right size for the pool. You have to connect the two filters together to work, it is an easy hook up. You will not be disappointed and have extra money to buy other things than using money for chemicals. The manual that comes with the pool and filter is very detailed...Very satisfied with the whole product.by NiceandRelaxing6/22/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I just purchased the 24'x52" pool. I want buy the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Water Sanitizing System. Is there anything else I need to buy with it?
- just salt (for water softner), which you can get at any storeby katers176/22/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 320 lbs of pool salt and a bunch of sunscreen!!! good luck n happy swimmingby poolboy20106/21/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I also have the 24x52 pool. I purchased 5 bags of salt (200pds) from wal-mart to go in my pool. It called for 300 pds. But after reading some reviews and others getting a high salt water error from salt water chlorinator, I decided to go with 200pds of salt. And I have not got any errors (high or low salt). I have only had the saltwater chorinator for a week, but my water has been chrystal clear so far and it was a bit cloudy looking before buying the salt water chlorinator.by dodgy226/15/2011Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The booklet that came with my system says 310# of Pool salt for a circular metal frame 24'x52" Intex Pool. 210# of Pool salt for a rectangular ultra frame Intex Pool 24'x12'x52". This was the one big question I had after ordering my system too. Hope this helps.by DuncanFarm46/20/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?