IOGEAR 2-Port USB 2.0 Automatic Printer Switch
About this item
About this item
With the IOGEAR 2-Port USB 2.0 Automatic Printer Switch, you can allow two PCS or Macs to share one printer. The device will automatically switch to the preferred computer whenever you submit a job. In addition to printers, this USB printer switch has the capability to share external hard drives, scanners, and other USB based devices providing you with more networking potential. There is also no need for any external power supply, helping you save cord space and energy. With a data transfer rate of 480 Mbps, this IOGEAR printer switch can also tackle larger files and printing jobs. There is backward compatibility to the USB 1.1 protocol too if you have devices using that system.
IOGEAR 2-Port USB 2.0 Automatic Printer Switch:
- Automatically switch from one computer to another
- Switch-lock function
- USB 2.0 support and USB 1.1 compatible
- USB printer switch data Transfer Rate: 480Mbps
- No external power supply needed
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.6|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||8.7 x 6.2 x 2.3|
Ask a question
Q. Can I be sure that the connection for the printer is the same as on my printer, the two computers are USB but the printer is not
- Yes it works now worries.by Ghostrider4203/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The ports in the switcher are the "D" shape you described. The cord included goes from your printer to the switcher and then the printer cables get plugged into it with the USB connections in the computer.by sla425/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes.The printer cables are usb from the computer (desktop or laptop) and the printer connections are the connection you referred to. This is designed to hook up two computers to one printer.by BusterV2/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I have two computers with two different operating systems, one has Vista home premium and the other has Windows 7. Will this be compatible
- I'm using mine with vista and a mini Mac and it works just fine.by Ghostrider4203/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the operating systems have nothing to do with the printer.by sla425/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to the box it will work on your two computers.by CTXl10/12/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I'm using it with apple mini Mac and windows vista so I'm sure it will work.by Ghostrider4203/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Policies & Plans
Dual Electronics Corp. warrants this product to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five years from the date of the original purchase.
Dual Electronics Corp. agrees, at our option, during the warranty period, to repair any defect in material or workmanship or to furnish an equal new, renewed or comparable product (whichever is deemed necessary) in exchange without charges, subject to verification of the defect or malfunction and proof of the date of purchase. Subsequent replacement products are warranted for the balance of the original warranty period.
Who is covered? This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser for products purchased and used in the U.S.A.
What is covered? This warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered: installation/removal costs, damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, product modification, improper installation, incorrect line voltage, unauthorized repair or failure to follow instructions supplied with the product, or damage occurring during return shipment of the product.