About this item
Help students understand how culture impacts development- and why it matters.
Through current research and examples of human development around the world, Arnetts Human Development teaches students to think culturally about their own development and see how it applies to their own lives and future careers.
New U.S. and international videos, shot in several countries, allow students to observe similarities and differences in human development across cultures. Video Guides are included in each chapter, at the end of each section. Students can quickly scan the Video Guides QR code and link directly to a short video clip using their smart phone. Videos are also available on MyDevelopmentLab.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Engage Students Arnett's personal anecdotes, career and real world applications, cross-cultural examples, and in-text video scans help to engage students.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Students learn to think critically about the influence of culture on development. Learning objectives help students organize and understand the material covered within each section.
- Explore Research Research Focus provides students with a firm grasp of various research methods and helps them see the impact that methods can have on research findings.
- Understand Culture and Diversity By taking a cultural approach to human development, Arnett includes culture on every page and integrates culture throughout the narrative.
- Support Instructors The Arnett supplements were written and tested by a dedicated team of instructors who teach the lifespan development course and believe in the importance of taking a cultural approach to human development.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyDevelopmentLab (at no additional cost). VP: 9780205258628
Click here to learn more about the book and to view a sample chapter! www.pearsonhighered.com/showcase/arnett
|Publisher:||Prentice Hall PTR|
|Publish Date:||Sep 16, 2011|
|Number of Pages:||768|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||3.75|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.0 x 11.0 x 1.25|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.