How to Cook Everything: The Basics: All You Need to Make Great Food--with 1,000 Photos
Customers also viewed these products
- $15.59 Was $17.46Save $1.87
- $17.64 Was $20.34Save $2.70
- $24.67 List price $29.95Save $5.28
- $15.50 List price $22.99Save $7.49
- $9.51 List price $13.99Save $4.48
- $17.38 List price $27.99Save $10.61
- $24.09 Was $26.44Save $2.35
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2012, ISBN13 9780470528068, ISBN10 0470528060
The next best thing to having Mark Bittman in the kitchen with you
Mark Bittman's highly acclaimed, bestselling book "How to Cook Everything" is an indispensable guide for any modern cook. With "How to Cook Everything The Basics" he reveals how truly easy it is to learn fundamental techniques and recipes. From dicing vegetables and roasting meat, to cooking building-block meals that include salads, soups, poultry, meats, fish, sides, and desserts, Bittman explains what every home cook, particularly novices, should know.
1,000 beautiful and instructive photographs throughout the book reveal key preparation details that make every dish inviting and accessible. With clear and straightforward directions, Bittman's practical tips and variation ideas, and visual cues that accompany each of the 185 recipes, cooking with "How to Cook Everything The Basics" is like having Bittman in the kitchen with you.
- This is the essential teaching cookbook, with 1,000 photos illustrating every technique and recipe; the result is a comprehensive reference that's both visually stunning and utterly practical.
- Special Basics features scattered throughout simplify broad subjects with sections like "Think of Vegetables in Groups," "How to Cook Any Grain," and "5 Rules for Buying and Storing Seafood."
- 600 demonstration photos each build on a step from the recipe to teach a core lesson, like "Cracking an Egg," "Using Pasta Water," "Recognizing Doneness," and "Crimping the Pie Shut."
- Detailed notes appear in blue type near selected images. Here Mark highlights what to look for during a particular step and offers handy advice and other helpful asides.
- Tips and variations let cooks hone their skills and be creative.
|Number of Pages:||486|
|Author:||Yanes, Romulo , Bittman, Mark|
|Publisher:||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Publication Date:||March, 2012|
|Digital Video Formats:||Hardcover|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.25 x 9.25 x 1.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Check out these related products
- $14.52 Was $16.28Save $1.76
- $10.05 Was $10.74Save $0.69
- $20.36 List price $29.95Save $9.59
- $25.44 List price $35.00Save $9.56
- $20.09 List price $29.95Save $9.86
- $23.77 List price $29.99Save $6.22