Hormel Black Label Original Microwave Ready Bacon, 12 oz
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hormel Black Label Original Microwave Ready Bacon:
- Microwave no-mess pouches
- 4 pouches, 4 slices per pouch
Ingredients: Cured With Water, Salt, Sugar, Dextrose, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
Instructions: Keep refrigerated. Microwave cooking: 1. place unopened 4-slice bacon packet in microwave. Microwave on high (100% power). If thawed: 2 - 2 1/2 minutes or until crisp. If frozen: 3 - 3 1/2 minutes or until crisp. 2. microwave 2-3 minutes. During cooking, the packet will balloon in order to self-vent. Cooking tips: rotate packet if you experience uneven cooking. Note: all microwave ovens will vary. Cooking times given are based on microwaves with 850 watts of cooking power and equipped with a turntable. Allow more or less cooking time based on your microwave's wattage and past cooking experiences. 3. enjoy crisp bacon! Note: when removing and opening packet, be careful to avoid steam burns. Wait approximately 30 seconds for bacon to stop sizzling. Carefully remove bacon from microwave. Open packet by locating the easy open tab and carefully pull from the corner to open. Remove bacon slices and serve. Safe handling: this product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some food products may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions. Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave. Keep raw meat and poultry separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utensils, and hands after touching raw meat or poultry. Cook thoroughly. Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate left-overs immediately or discard.
Explore this item
|Features:||Ready to cook , Super easy! , Original|
|Manufacturer:||Hormel Foods Corp. Meat Products|
|Nutrient Content Claims:||Gluten-Free|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||60|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7 G||11|
|Saturated Fat 2.5 G||13|
|Trans Fat 0 G|
|Cholesterol 20 Mg||7|
|Sodium 300.0 Mg||13|
|Total Carbohydrate 0 G||0|
|Dietary Fiber 0 G||0|
|Sugars 0 G|
|Protein 5 G|
(-) Information is currently not available for this nutrient.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:**
** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDI's that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9•Carbohydrate 4•Protein 4
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No, we have used Hormel microwave bacon for several years and have had no problems or health issues.by Fluffpuppy9/19/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The bacon is Pre-Cooked, however it requires refrigeration. You get 4 packs per box - each with 4 slices. Cook in a microwave for the time stated on the box as per your microwave power. Adjust the time based upon your preference. Also, cook with the absorption pad Down. And if the packet doesn't quite fit in the microwave and you have a rotating plate - just fold in the corners a little so it doesn't get caught in a bad position. If you have a stationary style microwave where the plate doesn't rotate - I suggest turning the packet and give it another 15 seconds just for good measure. It's really a quick (2+minutes) and easy cook. And it is MUCH better than most restaurant bacon. The price is a bit steep but is actually cheaper for the quality and Quantity of bacon than other Pre-Cooked brands. AND it is clean-up free, no mess, no grease. Perfect for a quick - or Slow BLT.by FauxPas4/26/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No I do not think it is pre cooked as you have to microwave it for 2.30 minsby wendy195812/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. It is still a meat product. It is Pre-Cooked but needs to have refrigeration. You will find this product on the displays with regular bacon and deli meats. It cooks in its own individual wrappers just as the other comments mention so the mess, if any, comes After cooking upon opening. Just follow directions. This product, although relatively expensive, is the cheapest Microwave Pre-Cooked bacon I've seen. The portions are as you'd expect and the flavor is surprisingly good. Depending on your microwave - you'll get use to this product quickly and judge the time for cooking as to your taste. I like a crispier bacon, but not crumbling dry, so I use 2-1/2 minutes. No grease, no pans, no residual oils and splatter stuff. It's Expensive - but as I said, that's relative to the value of your time to cook. I like to surprise my girlfriend when I can boil an egg, fry some bacon, and pop the toaster without all the mess. A really good product for about $7 USDollars.by FauxPas10/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?