About this item
Cleaning carpet is an arduous task. Get the Hoover Steamvac Silver Carpet Cleaner as the perfect solution for this task. This cleaner uses the Spin Scrub technology that uses multi directional brushes to remove dirt from every angle in the carpet fibers. These brushes are removable and washable, providing easy maintenance. The high velocity suction of this Hoover carpet cleaner removes dirty water and all the detergent residues, to give a clean a fresh look to your carpets. This cleaner then heat dries the carpets, giving it a revitalized appearance. The brush roll has 3 speeds and comes with 3 settings namely normal cleaning, gentle cleaning and cleaning for spill pick up. The clean surge feature of the home steam carpet cleaner applies extra detergent for removing heavy stains. The 12 Amp motor of this gentle carpet cleaner will cleans the carpet effortlessly.
Hoover Steamvac Silver Carpet Cleaner
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||27.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||12.0 x 19.0 x 44.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I had a 16 year old that passed away about 3 years ago. She had accidents and was on a medication that made her urine super smelly and sticky which caused awful staining. I had the carpet professionally cleaned 3 times and they were unable to get the stains out. I decided to try this machine before replacing the carpet and this machine removed every stain and the carpet looks great again. The machine paid for itself with that one cleaning.by Ariviste1/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have an older cat who has decided to claim the carpet in the storage room as her litterbox, and this worked wonders on the stains. I had an old Oreck steamer that didn't clean the stains, nor did it have the suction to remove what it put in the carpet. This Hoover got everything out -- cat stains, cat smell and the stuff the Oreck left in. I bought the Woolite Pet cleaner to use with it, and it's been a wonder. I wouldn't put bleach in, as that could discolor your carpet, but you could try some vinegar or Odo-Ban in the steam cleaner if you want a cheaper alternative to get the smell out. Good luck (and hope your dog is doing well!).by MeowLady1/7/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can go over a spot using a side to side motion while injecting the cleaner so the brushes scrub that area well. Go back over it in the normal forward backward style and it will pull it up. May take a few passes but it will work. I also use a small amount of Bleach for those types of stains to eliminate odor however I am sure the manufacture would not condone that seeing that it is hard on the seals. I also won't tell you that I use a mixture of hot water and laundry detergent rather than the cleaners to save $$. Works as well if not better and I am only now retiring this model after 5 years of hard use so doesn't seem to hurt anything.by DogLover544/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I bought it a month ago and I have ben succsessful! with my old dog pet stains a week or more old (waiting for the cleaner to arrive and finding others) . It also depends on your carpet staine resistance. I am about to tackle some older cat stains underneather chairs that I just found. So far I am pleased of how deep it has gone.by thriftyfifty3/11/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have only owned this steamer for a day, but I can tell you I own two large dogs who have been tracking in a lot of dirt. The last few weeks we've had a lot of rain and I'v found myself renting a rug doctor each weekend. I decided to invest in a carpet cleaner and gave it a shot last night and was amazed at how dirty the water was after using a Rug Doctor the past 3 weekends. I have brand new carpet and can't believe how much hidden dirt the Steam Vac Silver picked up! Hope this helps!by UndomesticGodess5/30/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't think it will remove old pet stains especially if the urine has soaked into the padding. The cleaner does a good job at sucking up the water it sprays but I don't think it can reach the padding.by PigeonToes10/31/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have a small older female dog that goes in the night too, this cleaner took it out and there is no after smell. I went over the carpet a few times to make sure. There is a surge trigger that puts extra down in a certain spot. I would recommend.by Redscynder5/4/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Our old steamer went ka-put on us a few months ago so we have similar issues. Our larger dog sometimes goes in odd places so she doesn't get in trouble. We bought the PowerSteamer and after one use, I noticed the stains and smell were gone. I was very impressed. I also used the Bissell Advanced Formula Plus for Pet Stain and Odor. We also have kids who leave "mystery" stains all over the house and it cleans them up as well.by TJinGA3/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Can this product be used as a vacuum by itself without using the steam. I would like to avoid buying both a vacuum and a steam cleaner.
- No. The manual specifically states that you must vacuum first - then use this machine. This machine will not vacuum - it scrub carpets - and actually spews out stuff in the process!by Injinuity10/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, absolutely not! You will end up with a clogged up mess!by ZZZZZAAAAA10/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, that wouldn't work. There is no suction when the water suppy isn't present. You would have to look for a different product. This isn't the one for you.by An anonymous customer10/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The answer is NO! You will destroy the cleaner if you use it as a vacuum.by Minnie197310/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- instructions advice vacuuming first with a vacuumby sandiegostarlight10/7/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO you can't use it as a vacuum cleaner. It will clog up and then have to take it apart and clean it, which is a pain.by doglover3098/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it ask that you vaccum your carpet before using this machine. It is strictly for sucking up liquid. Sorry :-(by HopeW8/22/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I find that the hot water from the tap does a good job. Heating water on the stove may damage your machine as plastic does have limits in what amount of heat it can tolerate. Not to mention you run the risk of burning yourslf.by Jackx41/12/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't really know how hot the water can be inside the tanks, but the hot water that comes out of my apartment's faucets is scalding hot. I have used this water and it's fine.by FrugalQualityShopper19881/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I wouldn't suggest that. It says not to put scalding water in it.by Heartagram9/2/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, you can. I did that with mine even with boiling water and it worked fine and did not hurt the steamvac.by Crystrav19814/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As hot as you want!by Liltiff3333/21/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- As hot as tap will allow.by HIGHREC4/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I do the same thing, boil the water first as my carpet was very bad at first! The hot water did not affect the parts at all. Also, with this steamvac, with the right cleaning product, you really dont need scorching hot water. Hope this helps!by ShopperFanaticJJ10/8/2010Was this answer helpful? (2) (2)Was this answer helpful?