Western Digital My Book 2TB Essential USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive, WDBACW0020HBKSN
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Western Digital 2TB desktop hard drive is an elegant, high-capacity storage solution for all the chapters of your digital life. Your files are automatically and continuously backed up by visual, easy-to-use software, and drive lock security protection keeps them right where they should be — safe. Smaller, sleeker and more elegant than previous My Book external hard drives, the My Book Essential hard drive takes up minimal space on your desk. You can even double them up and let them sit neatly together like volumes on your shelf.
Western Digital My Book Essential 2TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive:
- Visual backup displays your content in categories and shows the progress of your backup
- Automatic, continuous backup instantly makes a second copy whenever you add or change a file
- Bring back lost files whether you've lost all your data or just overwritten an important file
- WD SmartWare Control Center lets you customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics and more
- Drive Lock protects your data from unauthorized access with password protection and 256-bit encryption
- Illuminated Capacity Gauge lets you see at a glance how much space is available on your Western Digital 2TB desktop hard drive
- USB 2.0 Interface offers convenience and compatibility among multiple computers
- WD GreenPower Technology lowers internal drive power consumption of the Western Digital 2TB desktop hard drive by up to 30 percent
- Plug and play compatibility with Windows PCs
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||2.85|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.56 x 6.9 x 7.94|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- The USB 3.0 compatibility is almost worthless. It does help some, but, The Actual Speed is severly limited by the SATA-2 Interface, but Mostly by the 32MB Cache Size.by JudgeBAT9/8/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is capable of both, depending on whether your CPU uses 2.0 or 3.0.by rivercity1/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's compatible with both.by zinda8910/18/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- HD actually has a 3.0 connection and comes with a cable that has 3.0 on the HD side and a 2.0 connection on the other. So the HD is capable of doing complete 3.0 with the correct cable and is copable of attaching to 2.O and working. I have it attached to a 2.0 on my router. 3.0 connection looks a little different than the 2.0 connection.by Fastang679/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It will work with either, or. If you have the 3.0 it will download information for storage lightning fast. If you have 2.0 it will do the job, just not as fast as if it were a 3.0by EnjoysWalMarting9/20/2011Was this answer helpful? (11) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes.by nachoman1911/21/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I am using it by doing manual backups, and am not presently using the backup software included. So, if I am correctly understanding your question, yes, you plug it into an electrical outlet, and into the USB port on your computer (it is 3.0 but is 2.0 compatible) and can access it as an external hard drive, which should show up in your list of drives. It does in mine.by whozis8/24/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can use any backup software or none at all. You also don't have to install their backup software during installation.by Tex426/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- That's what I'm doing. I use it as a place for movies, music, books, etc.by vahog5/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. You can copy files directly to it as well as use the backup software. I choose to not use the backup software. Instead, I use the Windows backup. I also use it as a DVR for my WinTv board that I have in the computer.by An anonymous customer5/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It will work if you have a USB port, older MAC's have "FIREWIRE PORTS", you would then need to get one with firewire ports to use it, many come with USB & FIREWIRE & E-SATA (some also have wireless transfer through network device like wireless routers or wired transfers via LAN). I have an older MAXTOR that has both USB & Firewire.by zinda896/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. Out of the box it is formatted NTFS and the mac can read but not write. It is easily formatted using Disk Utility to a mac only format (HFS etc.). It can also be formatted in other formats if it needs to be used on both Mac and Windows.by OldMacGuy12/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You need instal one drive for Mac.by FMITDS12/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- no, but this one is Western Digital 2TB My Book Studio Mac Edition USB 2.0 w/ Firewire 800 External Hard Drive , Silver it needs to say mac editionby justv12312/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (6) (3)Was this answer helpful?