About this item
This Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer, 37537 steams all types of foods to perfection. It features two tiers, a removable divider and a digital touchpad. This Hamilton food steamer is designed with cooking options that allow preparation of larger and smaller foods all at one time. When the food is steamed and ready, this digital food steamer automatically switches to warm mode to keep it hot and fresh until you switch off the steamer and are ready to serve. The Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer, 37537 can be used to steam delicate foods like fish, shrimp and lobster. This Hamilton Beach food steamer is large enough to fit corn on the cob or a head of broccoli. Eggs can be cooked upright from soft cooking to hard boiling in this steamer.
This Hamilton steamer comes with a bowl which is perfect for steaming rice or smaller sized food items. A digital pad provides the settings used for cooking that you can choose from. The Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer, 37537 also features countdown timer to ensure you don't accidentally overcook. The nested storage saves space.
Hamilton Beach 37537 Food Steamer:
- The Hamilton Beach food steamer is designed for more cooking options
- Two tiers with removable divider; use the divider to separate the tiers or remove it for large foods
- The 2-tier steamer switches to warm when food is ready
- Fits corn on the cob or a head of broccoli
- Steams delicate fish, lobster and shrimp
- Cooks eggs upright from soft-cooked to hard-boiled
- The 2-tier steamer includes rice bowl which is perfect for rice or small foods
- Digital touchpad makes setting the countdown timer and other functions easy
- Nested storage
See all kitchen appliances on Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||4.7|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||13.25 x 12.0 x 7.0|
|Assembled in Country of Origin:||USA or Imported|
|Origin of Components:||USA or Imported|
Ask a question
- Thank you for your question. Just about any vegetable you would want to steam can be steamed in this unit.by HBBrandsCustomerService2/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can cook any kind of veggies you want. the instruction book does not have a lot of information about timing so you may have to experiment with how long it takes to cook different veggies.by Me8642975312/1/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can cook any that you like this cooks slow or fast your choice it really is a great cooker, can roast, steam bake. If you can cook you can utilize this cooker.by nowsley2/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would think any veggie... I love mine!by californialady1/24/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can steam all kinds of vegetables! The middle piece comes out to steam corn cobs standing up. Its perfect for broccoli, cabbage, g. beans, califlower, carrots, brussle sprouts, red skin potatos, asparagus, any veggies really. Its better the boiling cause it locks in the nutrients & it doesnt tear up your veggiesby smackie31112/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- on the side it has corn, potatoes and more. Any vegetable you can think of that you have had steamed, you can put in here. We've done asparagus, fresh green beans, potatoes and corn. all are excellent!by Freightbrain2/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I imagine any type of vegetable could be cooked in this steamer. I have tried many types, including fresh green beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, corn on the cob (turned out awesome), and even other foods such as chicken, seafood, and eggs! The manual comes with a chart with suggested cooking times for some possible foods such as potatoes, squash, zucchini, and many others.by Cheezheadz2/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Just about any vegetable can be cooking in the steamer. I love corn on the the cob and carrots cooked this way. Also fresh broccoli and cauliflower come out great in the steamer.by nebrboy8/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Whatever you can put in it will steam. The removable base of the upper steaming tray allows probably a whole head of cauliflower to be steamed in it complete without cutting.by NaCl2/14/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Very easy to clean.The only part I don't submerge in water is the bottom part.I just pur my soapy water in there and clean it .Then I am careful when I rinse it.Very easy to clean.by Sherry0293/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- all pieces are plastic and dishwasher safe. The base is not dishwasher safe.by aliceb44ou8123/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Extremely easy to clean... the bottom tray is removable!by californialady3/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- kind of a pain to clean as you have to clean everything, but the bottom or base is pretty easy to clean, you just wipe it out with damp cloth, kind of like your foreman grill. the top plastic parts can be either handwashed after use or put in a dishwasher.by Freightbrain6/17/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't have a dishwasher, so I have to handwash the whole thing after each use. It really isn't too inconvenient though because there are only a few parts and most of it is just water (it's not like there will be stuff baked onto it when you're done). I recommend using a soft sponge when cleaning because I used a dish scrubber on it at first and it scratched up the plastic! There are three parts that are dishwasher safe according to the manual. The steaming trays, and the lid will have to be washed by hand in warm soapy water. The base is all one piece; you simply pour the leftover water out and wipe it clean. Any gunk that drips down from cooking (the fat usually melts off when I cook chicken for example) will fall into the drip tray, which is dishwasher safe, so there's really never any scrubbing involved!by Cheezheadz3/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, the complete water compartment is wide open for cleaning and drying- unlike the osterby NaCl3/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Very easy to clean [although the trays can stain easily if not washed promptly]. It has 2 trays:the bottom tray is "fixed" but the upper tray's bottom can be removed so that you can cook bigger items at the same time [stacked corn, for example]. It also comes with a rice bowl and the bottom of the trays have "holes" were you can "nest" eggs.by JoanneB20093/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. What are the materials of this appliance made of, can not find it anywhere in the discription or specs, and are the parts diswasher safe?
- all pieces are plastic except for the base. and all pieces are dishwasher safe except for the base.by aliceb44ou8125/25/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thank you for your question. The materials used for clear plastic steaming trays are made from polycarbonate. The black bottom drip tray is made from polypropylene.by HBBrandsCustomerService2/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The clear pieces are, according to the manual not supposed to be washed in the dishwasher. The drip tray and the rice tray are. The clear pieces which also seem to contain BPA can be difficult to clean by hand, protein and starches stick to it and it is quite a task with water, dish soap and a sponge to get them perfectly clean again.by alexfink772/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- the lid and inner chamber comes out to put in the dishwasher ver easy clean upby nowsley2/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- all of the parts are plastic except the base. It is plastic on the part where you put the water and i think burnished aluminum on the outside of the base.by Freightbrain2/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Most of the steamer is made of a light plastic that will scratch rather easily if cleaned with an abrasive scrubber. The manual says that the rice bowl, plasitc removable collar, and drip tray are dishwasher safe, but the steaming trays, lid, and base with heating unit must be handwashed or wiped clean.by Cheezheadz2/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?