Customers also bought these products
- from $9.79
- Rollback$29.43 Was $31.29Save $1.86
HP Chromebook 14" with Intel Processor, 4GB Memory, 16GB SSD, Chrome OS and Included 4G Mobile Internet Service (200MB/month)
Customers in store also bought these products
- from $129.99
- Rollback$79.00 Was $99.00Save $20.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Open your sleek, next-generation Chromebook to get online fast. You can access your favorite websites and Google Chrome apps on the 14-inch diagonal HD display in seconds. No WiFi around? No problem. Enjoy free mobile Internet service up to 200MB of 4G data per month with no annual contract, no credit card and no overage fees.
What is a Chromebook PC?
Chromebook PCs are a new type of computer designed to help you get things done faster and easier. Chromebook starts up in seconds, so you can immediately start playing or working. Chromebook looks like a laptop and feels like a laptop, but differs from traditional computers as follows:
- Instead of Windows OS or Apple OS, Chromebook PCs run on Chrome OS, an operating system that features multiple layers of security, cloud storage and the most popular Google products built right in.
- Chromebook won't load and run traditional PC applications such as Microsoft Office, iTunes or Skype. However, Chromebook uses Chrome-specific apps for everyday tasks. You'll be able to create documents, listen to music, edit your photos, chat with friends and family and play online games. Plus, you can download many additional apps from the Chrome Web Store. No more buying and installing software - thousands of apps are free, and feature automatic updates.
- Chromebook comes with built-in virus protection, multiple layers of security, and verified boot help to keep you safe from viruses and malware.
- Your Chromebook will keep your files away from your machine and safe online. Google Drive is built right in, so your files and photos are automatically backed up to the cloud.
- Your Chromebook will update itself for free, so you'll always have the latest and greatest version. No need for manual downloads and upgrades.
- Chromebook works seemlessly with Internet. No internet at the moment? Keep getting stuff done when you're disconnected from the web by using offline apps like Gmail and Google Docs.
HP Refurbished 14" Pavilion Chromebook PC:
Key Features and Benefits:
- Intel Celeron 847 processor
1.10GHz, 2MB L3 Cache
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work
- 16GB solid state drive
Store 10,666 photos, 4,571 songs or 8 hours of HD video and more
- 10/100Base-T Fast Ethernet, 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a WiFi signal or hotspot with the 802.11a/b/g/n connection built into your PC
- 14" HD BrightView LED-backlit display
Intel HD Graphics
- HP TrueVision HD webcam
- 1 memory card reader
- 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port
- 4-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 4 h 15 min battery life
- 3.96 lbs, 13.66" x 9.37" x 0.83"
- Chrome OS
Support and Warranty:
- 90-day parts and labor limited warranty
What's In The Box:
- Power cord and AC adapter
- 4-cell lithium-ion battery
- Quick Start Guide
To see the manufacturer's specifications for this product, click here.
To see a list of our PC Accessories, click here.
Trade in your used computer and electronics for more cash to spend at Walmart. Good for your wallet and the environment - click here.
|Processor Type:||Intel Celeron 2955U Processor|
|Processor Speed:||1.50 GHz|
|System Ram:||4 GB|
|Hard Drive Size:||16 GB|
|Laptop Screen Size:||14.0 inch|
|Screen Type:||LED Backlight, AntiGlare HD Display|
|Resolution:||1366 x 768|
|Graphics Card:||Intel HD Graphics|
|Card Reader Type:||1 x SD Card Reader|
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Network Connection:||802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN|
|Connector Type:||1 x DC-in, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/Microphone, 1 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0|
|Operating System:||Chrome OS|
|Accessories Included:||Power cord, 4-Cell Lithium Ion, Power adapter, Quick Start Guide|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||6.0|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.44 x 13.56 x 0.81|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No. No current Chromebook has an optical drive.by SouthernLS10/31/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No this chromebook does not have a Cd drive. Everything is cloud and web based.by HITECH80811/1/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No this is a Chromebook, it is designed to be used online and has forward thinking technology.. Ie the Cloud, Flash Memory etc.. You can not add an external USB CD/DVD either as the Google Chrome Operating System does not have the drivers built in and they can not be added either. So the short answer is NO but when was the last time you purchased a CD? nowadays you simply download it and that is what the Chromebook does very well, you can purchase music, movies or books in the Play Store and then listen/watch/read it on any device that can access the Google Play store.by RENTATEXAN11/28/2014Was this answer helpful? (3) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope.by neowolf11/28/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not.by An anonymous customer10/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. It does not have an optical disc drive.by An anonymous customer10/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it does not.by LdMagnus10/24/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Noby xxJordanxx11/28/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. With Chrome OS there really is no need since everything is in the cloud.by getcashmoney10/17/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can stream Pandora, Google music, etc. Or add a USB drive for music files.by Wmdh2/11/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can save music files on this, but note that the disk space is limited to 16 GB. Google Music is the app you would use to play music on this device other than any other app that you may use to stream music (i.e. Pandora).by Aidyl12/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Just the internet. You can use Pandora or any other web music service. Google does have their own Google Music where you can buy and store music and play it through the Google Music app. Only a small SSD for the operating system is on the machine. It's meant to be connected to the web to be a useful device.by Jasonmet12/10/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The app is Google Play Music All Access. It does cost $9.99 per month, but the first two months are free.by Cronkite12/5/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- In my case, I use the Chrome browser on my Windows computer as well. I ripped a bunch of my CDs and synced them to Google Play Music, which took a loooooong time as it was about 700 songs. I think you can store up to (check with Google to be sure) something like 20,000 songs online free but Google charges you after that. Songs you buy from Google don't count toward your 20000 song limit. 16gb sounds like a lot if you're used to keeping some songs on your phone but it's not much if your last music player was an Ipod with a hard drive. Bottom line: You can save music to Google Play but it's not easy from a Chromebook. I think you can keep some on the Chromebook because I've downloaded some from Play to my Android Phone but you can only keep so much onboard. Of course, if you have music store on an SD card, I think you can play that via the card slot.by SouthernLS12/1/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Use the google play store. There is a google music app for free.by webdeveloper32911/28/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There's a built-in media player. And with an SD card slot, I can carry an infinite amount of music!by AskNick11/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can stream millions of songs or organize your music collection using Google Play Music.by HP Team11/24/2013Written by a verified representative from HP TeamWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no optical drive on a Chromebook. One that is USB-driven can be attached but I don't know how well it works or with what software.by SouthernLS12/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It does not have a cd drive but I suppose you can hook up an external cd drive/burner via usb and burn one.by HITECH80810/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It has no optical drive, nor ripping/burning software to use with an external drive. If you are feeling adventurous and want to go way into unsupported land, here are some options I have no personal experience with: * It might work if you put it in dev mode, install crouton/Ubuntu, and used an external burner. * Also, it was supposedly possible to boot a full linux distro from the SD card on the older Samsung series, it *might* be possible to do that with this one as well.by Resaurtus10/30/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO !! The Chromebook does not use a CD or DVD drive and one cannot be added either even if you buy a USB DVD drive it will still not work. The only add on drives that work are Flash drives and USB Hard Drives. Optical media is being replaced by Flash and USB Hard drives and online content so that is why they have not included a CD/DVD drive.by RENTATEXAN9/23/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, but it does have an SD Slot for additional capacity, or to move files to another computer with a burner.by BrettBChicago10/29/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There is no optical drive. So that's a no. Even with a USB external, Chrome OS doesn't support it.by neowolf10/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. there is no optical disc drive.by An anonymous customer10/25/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This HP PC does not have an internal optical (CD/DVD) drive. You may want to purchase a USB external optical drive.by HP Team12/26/2014Written by a verified representative from HP TeamWas this answer helpful? (3) (3)Was this answer helpful?